principal causes for misfire.

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

botasjr
Helpful MS/Extra'er

principal causes for misfire.

Post by botasjr »

Hi,
Sorry but im writing this article on my smartphone and i dont have any log or msq file with me.

The problem is, im using an ms2 extra on a Citroën saxo VTs engine, with original loom of the car and i havê a small PNP plug.

At WOT the engine runs very good, but at small or parcial load, bettewn 2000 and 4000 rpm i have small and fast misfires of the engine.

I have tested diferent setups:

Diferent afr
Spark advance
3 diferent coils
3 kind of spark plugs
10k resistor
Rising edge, faling edge

And is always, always, the same thing, always.....

The log dont show any synch lost, zero, and i cant see any problem on the tooth logger.

Regards.
botasjr
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: principal causes for misfire.

Post by botasjr »

there is some logs

on the msq file you can see a lost synch, but that one i solved it.
the afr value is ok, i dont have the wideband conected on the ecu.

i just dont understand one thing, the tooth logger shows less one teeth, and on the composite is all ok, 60-2

i see other logs from other cars, and is the same, and tose cars runs perfect.

regards
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'm not seeing any sync loss events except one at idle. You will want to make sure the timing is correct across the rev range.

With no AFR logging, I'm pretty much flying blind as to how the rest of the tune is working.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
botasjr
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by botasjr »

Matt Cramer wrote:I'm not seeing any sync loss events except one at idle. You will want to make sure the timing is correct across the rev range.

With no AFR logging, I'm pretty much flying blind as to how the rest of the tune is working.

yes, without afr you cant teel nothing more.

but i garrante you that is runing on the 12.5 - 13.5, and i have tested with leaner and rich mixtures, and is always the same,

the car runs perfect for more than 6 months, now they have installed a new gearbox and fliwheel, and i fell that problem,
i think im going to make a video