Sequencial gearbox load cell and megasquirt

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

botasjr
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Sequencial gearbox load cell and megasquirt

Post by botasjr »

normaly the sequencial gearbox have a load cell on the lever to detect motion, and to make the flat shift.

this load cell have 3 hires

how can i conect this load cell to the megasquirt???

regards
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Sequencial gearbox load cell and megasquirt

Post by dontz125 »

First, you DON'T want 'Flat Shift', you want 'Sequential Shift Cut'. Flat shift doesn't unload the transmission enough to do a clutchless WFO upshift, since it's meant to be used with the clutch.

Second. many of these shift sensors are meant to be used with a proprietary controller. There are almost as many wiring arrangements (internal and external) as there are brands.

Talk to the sensor vendor; he's the one who knows how it works. The MS can use a going-high or grounding signal; it all depends on your configuration parts.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
botasjr
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by botasjr »

dontz125 wrote:First, you DON'T want 'Flat Shift', you want 'Sequential Shift Cut'. Flat shift doesn't unload the transmission enough to do a clutchless WFO upshift, since it's meant to be used with the clutch.

Second. many of these shift sensors are meant to be used with a proprietary controller. There are almost as many wiring arrangements (internal and external) as there are brands.

Talk to the sensor vendor; he's the one who knows how it works. The MS can use a going-high or grounding signal; it all depends on your configuration parts.
you are correct

i dont want flat shift, i need sequencial shift cut

the gearbox have a load cell on the lever, for now, i dont know if it works with 5 or 12 v, i dont know if the output signal is 2.5v 5v 0v or something else,

but my ideia, is when we pull the lever to upshift, send a 0v signal to the megasquirt, and activate the sequencial sifht cut, a signal similar to the launch control for exemple.

i thing im thinging wrigh!!!

regards
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Your plan is perfect; that's exactly what you need to accomplish. All you need to do now is figure out how the sensor cell works! Determining what the controller does will let you know what kind of adaptive circuit you'll need to add to your MS.
TTR Ignition Systems
botasjr
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by botasjr »

ok

attached is the documentation about the sensor.

its not a load cell, its a proximity sensor.

someone can help me to conect this to the megasquirt???

regards
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Interesting design. The datasheet says this particular sensor is a N/C open collector, which is a little confusing. I think it means the sensor normally grounds the signal line, but -stops- grounding it when it comes close to the target. This will need to be confirmed using an ohmmeter across the signal wire and ground; wire the sensor to +12v and gnd. Trip the sensor by bringing a wrench close to the tip.

If I'm correct, you'll need a pull-up resistor and a going-high switch circuit.
TTR Ignition Systems