EFI Analytics Bluetooth Module

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

panzertank
Helpful MS/Extra'er

EFI Analytics Bluetooth Module

Post by panzertank »

Hey dudes,
I purchased the EFI analytics serial to BT module... and I am having iffy connectivity.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS
1. It only connects before I start up, If I start up before it connects... it NEVER connects
2. Sometimes it won't even connect when I am waiting for it before startup, in which case I have to
restart the megasquirt and then Tuner Studio or my dell e1505 laptop, or both...and after this it usually connects.
3. Once connected it NEVER drops out
4. The BT module is directly connected to the MS3X V 3.57
5. My adapter is a Cirago bt 4.0
6. I JUST WANT IT TO WORK DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. There are no other USB deviced connected
8. I am using the USB and wireless driver in tunerstudio

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD RESULTS OR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT I WOULD APPRECIATE!@
MS3/90' 525iM20B25/H&rsprings/Bilstien Sportshocks/MeyleHD full front suspension kit/M5 aluminum lower control arms/E32 bushings/JL12w6x2/JLSlash1000/1AMP/Wood Grain interior frm540i/GreenLED interior/Halo projector lights/suede uplst/fold out DVD/Soon to be nitrous and turbo :evil:
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: EFI Analytics Bluetooth Module

Post by grom_e30 »

Wait till you try using shadow dash with bluetooth lol.... I'm using a different bt-rs232 adaptor when I can be bothered to battle with it I had best results with mine using the default serial driver.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
mr_minnis
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mr_minnis »

What OS does your computer have and is the Bluetooth module integrated or one you added?
88 Stang LX Vert. 3.73s and MS3x, D585 Coils AEM EPM
mr_minnis
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mr_minnis »

I ran into a similar issue with a vista laptop with adapter I added. I found some sort of Bluetooth update for windows. Not a driver for the adapter, but like a service pack type thing.
mr_minnis
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mr_minnis »

I found that if I didn't wait for the Bluetooth icon to come up by the clock (sometimes it took several seconds). That I had to uninstall and reinstall the adapter. After the icon came up I could fire up the ms3 and it would be fine.

On my tablets it worked with no issues.

Sorry about multiple posts but my phone was not scrolling down.
Raymond_B
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Raymond_B »

I've used this module on my MS3/3X with two different Microsoft Surfaces (an original and a Pro3), a Dell Inspiron small laptop and my home built desktop using a USB BT adapter with no issues. But Windows BT can be finicky at times, at work with a BT headset every so often I have to unpair then pair to get it going.

Long way of saying this module is solid.
1995 Ford Lightning. Dart based 427 Windsor, Novi 2000, full sequential, E-85, etc. MS3X/v3.57
http://www.buildpics.org/
panzertank
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by panzertank »

Grom... shadowdash is giving you trouble?..... have you ever tried MSDROID?
MS3/90' 525iM20B25/H&rsprings/Bilstien Sportshocks/MeyleHD full front suspension kit/M5 aluminum lower control arms/E32 bushings/JL12w6x2/JLSlash1000/1AMP/Wood Grain interior frm540i/GreenLED interior/Halo projector lights/suede uplst/fold out DVD/Soon to be nitrous and turbo :evil:
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

iv got that to it seems less fussy about connecting, shadowdash if it connects first time is good but if it does not it can be a bit of a mission getting it to work iv found its better if you don't have it set to auto connect.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
panzertank
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by panzertank »

I tried to post this once already but it didn't work ...so here goes number 2

I got a new BT adapter and changed some setup things now BT tunerstudio and my MS3x are connecting very reliably .. I'm using the ZOOM class 1 bluetooth adapter and the blue solil driver and software that came with it. Now it connects ALL the time. I also changed my FIFO to off and set my baudrate in the vitrual com port settings in device manager to 115200 instead of 9600. I'm going to try the cirago class 2 adapter again with FIFO off and the baud rate set... maybe it will work better.

Now It will connect any time whether I start the car first or not!! :yeah!:
Megasquirt is becoming fun now that my VE map is getting tuned ... more smooth than ever with the MAP compared to the AFM
Thanks to all who helped me get this far

so ...bottom line for good BT and Tunerstudio on windows XP

1. Buy good class 1 adapter, not cheapo status adapter
2. Turn off FIFO in device manager virtual com port settings
3. Set baud rate to 115200 in device manager virtual com port settings
4. Drink beer and enjoy megasquirt

PS- Grom ... I used to have the same connectivity problem like you do with shadowdash.. Once it connects it never drops out ..but it is hard to get it to connect every time.

~JAMES