A sort of a poll.

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

357supermagnum
Helpful MS/Extra'er

A sort of a poll.

Post by 357supermagnum »

How many miles or kilometers has people driven their megasquirt equipped car?
What kinds of problems was encountered, is the automobile somewhat stock or heavily modified?
What's been done to the engine?
How was it converted?
Was it hard ?
Is it running flex fuel,gasoline,propane or dual fuels?
What's the fuel use ?
Last edited by 357supermagnum on Fri May 01, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: A sort of a poll.

Post by grom_e30 »

i have covered about 35,000 miles in my e30 running megasquirt 3 has not let me down once. it is basically a stock engine but runs sequential fuel and ignition. used everyday, no dual fuel or flex petrol only. its smother and more responsive than stock with slightly better economy.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

My first megasquirted car was a 1986 Bronco II 4X4, it wouldn't pass smog testing with the stock ECU. After the megasquirt I drove it somewhere between 50-75K miles across country (Houston, TX to Canada and back many times) quite often with my young children in the car. Only once did the MS cause an issue, the MAP signal hose popped off the sensor, quickly fixed (and later zip tied). It was otherwise stock. I've also driven several other megasquirted cars up to 1000 miles a day on our National Interstate Highway system, I would not hesitate to drive on any competent install. I'm just now getting miles with flex fuel so I can't report much other than it works flawlessly.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
subwoofer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by subwoofer »

Guesstimated 50k km on a '90 VW Caravelle Syncro 2.1 112i. Basically stock everything except the AFM has been replaced with a Bosch HFM5 MAF out of an Alfa Romeo 156 TwinSpark, and I added a TPS instead of the idle/WOT switch VW Digijet uses. Sequential fuel, dizzy ignition. Much better mileage, never left me stranded. Assembled the v3 board myself.

Largest difficulty was the splicing of the MS harness to the VW harness, for the next conversion I'll get all new connectors and only use the MS harness except where absolutely necessary.
Joachim
1974 Jensen-Healey
1990 VW Caravelle Syncro - running MS3+X
2014 Ford Fiesta EcoBoost
357supermagnum
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 357supermagnum »

That's interesting and fun to read!
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

92 VW Corrado, 97 2.0L 8V engine with a small F/I cam and one-off mid runner intake manifold, BW EFR 6258 turbo and WMI, D585 CNPs full sequential and Deka 60 injectors run by an MS3-Pro. I did a complete rewire in the engine bay adding a 94 Camaro underhood fuse and relay box. I have put nearly 30,000 miles on the car in 32 months and the only issue I have ever seen is a blown 5Vref fuse (my fault). 30MPG city 35MPG highway.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!