EDIS 8 spark problems

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Bigdaddy6464
MS/Extra Newbie

EDIS 8 spark problems

Post by Bigdaddy6464 »

Hi, new poster, I'm trying to get my EDIS 8 system working before I hook up my Megasquirt 2 v3 and I'm having an odd problem.

After hooking up the module, coils, and VR sensor, I tested each coil output with a spark tester and had spark from all 4 coils. Tried to start it, nothing. Pulled a plug and grounded to the head, no spark or very very weak spark, if I pull it a little ways away from the head I get a nice blue spark across the gap and to the head. With the plug in the head, I've attached a spark tester that clips to the plug, I get spark in the tester and it jumps from the tester clip to the head, a distance of at least a half inch. It seems raising the resistance helps it create a spark.

I'm running NGK R5671a-7 plugs and MSD 8.5mm Super conductor plug wires. Replaced the plugs even though the ones I had in it only had a few hours running time, same thing.
Bigdaddy6464
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: EDIS 8 spark problems

Post by Bigdaddy6464 »

Replaced the non resistor plugs with resistor plugs and it fired right up. Better then it ever did before switching over to the Edis setup. Now to get the MegaSquirt to work.
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: EDIS 8 spark problems

Post by DaveEFI »

What is the total resistance of plug and lead?
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.