Unifying Tables, and the Newb!

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

FreshDA9
MS/Extra Newbie

Unifying Tables, and the Newb!

Post by FreshDA9 »

Well first post on the forum, like to say thank you for adding me. I have been familiar with the MS brand for many years just never anything in hand to play with. Now i am starting my project and there are a lot of features most standalone systems usually offer (I have been tuning since 2004). Currently i have a FC RX7 with a 13b using microsquirt.

List of build
Microsquirt w/custom harness
Tunerstudio licensed w/autotune
GM 3 bar
Gm remote mount TPS
GM Iat
Gm Ect
Mazda factory Cam Crank
innovate LM1 wideband
Gm truck coils, (2 pared for leading and trailing)
no iacv
(will eventually add a 3 port mac valve for pwm boost)

First problem I am having is when looking at tunerstudio and changing the VE or spark tables to more than 100kpa i cant seem to unify the tables? Also is there a way to interpolate the scalars so TS can pick the points between? Really would be nice if i didnt have to manually do this for all the tables, (Ve1, Ve2, AFRT1, AFRT2, Spark1, spark2, etc).

Also i have been reading the MS manual and some guides i found on google, do i put this as a 4cyl like the manual says to do? Also what crank and cam settings should i input?

Im sure there are more questions that will come to me but these are the starting hurtles. Thanks guys :RTFM:
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Unifying Tables, and the Newb!

Post by Matt Cramer »

Currently, you'll need to scale all the tables separately.

There are tools to copy rows (highlight the cells, right click on them, and select Copy or Paste) and an interpolate button; these will help scale the tables.

You don't set a two rotor engine as a four cylinder anymore. See rotary engine settings in the MS2/Extra setup manual: http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/Megasqui ... Up-3.3.pdf
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
FreshDA9
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Unifying Tables, and the Newb!

Post by FreshDA9 »

Thank you Matt for clearing that up. Is there a future request to unify the scalars for up-coming updates?
Also thank you for that manual, going to give it a read threw. :RTFM: