jimstim 2.0.04

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

stoney0024
MS/Extra Newbie

jimstim 2.0.04

Post by stoney0024 »

i was trying to set up my ms1 v3 running 3 coil directly from ms and i couldnt figure what all needed to be jumpered in order to get it firing like the videos on youtube i seen. in the process i messed something up, i couldnt even get the fp light to come. im completely lost. i performed the light test and all lights were good. i also did the tach test and the light never blinked and the voltage reg was getting hot. so i did the other test, i removed the cpu and the voltage reg didnt get hot. it says i have a bad diode. which diode is it referring to? also what needs to be jumpered to get the start up seq going?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: jimstim 2.0.04

Post by Matt Cramer »

It sounds like you damaged the CPU - try swapping it for a new one; that's likely to fix the problem.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
stoney0024
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by stoney0024 »

I ordered another one. The fp light should come on when I power it on right? I have a 93 mazda mx6 going distributorless. I just my stock ecu to run other things. I'm running 36-1 wheel, 3 BIP373 mounted to case, . I have the jumpers in the primary tach area on the 2 on the right, 5v pull up, the third dip switch up for 36-1, wheel code set to 36-1 in tuner, and stim wheel on. I'm running the middle wires off my bips straight to my 6 tower coilpack, the left legs go to r26, r29, and r27, all the right legs are grounded in the proto area. I got the board from someone and they jumpers running from led to iac. Ii couldnt figure out y but i left them. Should i have removed them? The coilpack came off a 99 taurus i believe. I jumpered the middle of my bip to the lights on the stim. Where do I jumper tach to get it going?

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... da_mx6.htm
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

stoney0024 wrote:I ordered another one. The fp light should come on when I power it on right?
For two seconds, yes.
Where do I jumper tach to get it going?
TachSelect to VRIN and TSEL to VROUT.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
stoney0024
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by stoney0024 »

Matt Cramer wrote:
stoney0024 wrote:I ordered another one. The fp light should come on when I power it on right?
For two seconds, yes.
Where do I jumper tach to get it going?
TachSelect to VRIN and TSEL to VROUT.
I meant what to jump on the stim to get it going. I don't think my fp light ever came on. I'll verify that when i get my board working again.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

You don't need to do anything on the JimStim. By default you should see the LED light up when the fuel pump is on and so should see it light up when switching it on (assuming the MS is connected and functional).

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
stoney0024
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by stoney0024 »

I have board problems then, I appreciate it. ill have to look at it when I get my parts