New user from Finland

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Big_Easy
MS/Extra Newbie

New user from Finland

Post by Big_Easy »

Hi everyone. My name is Tapio and I'm a car guy from Finland. I have been playing around with MegaSquirt over a year now and decided to register here because the finnish finsquirt.net seems to be a bit slow.

My car is Buick Electra STW with Olds 307 and TH200-4R. It's my daily driver and I'm hoping to gain some fuel economy with MS and make it a gasoline/ethanol burning flexfuel one fine day.

The intake, fuel rail and throttle body come from 1978 Seville (Olds 350)
-Bosch 406cc low impedance injectors
-GM MAT and CLT sensors
-Bosch 0-5V TPS
-GM 7-pin HEI distributor for trigger and spark
-MS 2 V3.0 with 3.3.3 extra code

At the moment I'm having some heat soak problems. After nomal warm up the engine is running a bit rich somewhere in the 13-14:1 range but after heat soak around 15-16:1. Where should I place the MAT sensor? It's currently hanging by the wires in the air cleaner housing. It was originally bolted to the aluminium intake but the heat soak problems were even worse.

I'm also wondering if my fuel pressure regulator is up to the task. I have this kind of regulator http://autotune.fi/tuote/237/polttoaine ... adin-perus The injectors are pretty big so I'd like to get the fuel pressure to 2,5 but the lower practical limit seems to be 2,8bar. I tried to adjust it lower but it just gave me inconsistent pressure and AFRs. Should I buy a new regulator or should I just drop the REQ fuel?

BTW this is my first MegaSquirt project so I'd appreceate any advice. Here's my .msq if some kind soul could run a newbie check on it. :D
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: New user from Finland

Post by Matt Cramer »

The air cleaner housing should be a good spot for the IAT sensor. I'd try more afterstart enrichment and maybe tweaking the MAT correction for more fuel at high MAT readings.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X