Returning user playing catch up with an mx5!

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ihatesissycars
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Returning user playing catch up with an mx5!

Post by ihatesissycars »

Hi everyone, I delved into the Ms world about 6 or 7 years ago with a v8 Capri which was sold and car projects put behind me.

The bug returned and now I'm building a Haynes Roadster based on a mk2 1.6 mx5. I intend to play with forced induction one day hence wanting an Ms ecu but I don't know which one!

How do I choose? The engine has the stock trigger wheel, iac (integral to the throttle body), sensors, ignition coils, injectors, everything! I'd like to keep as much of that standard as possible but I'm unsure which Ms will work with it all. I don't mind using an edis module but can't remember if that'll fire the Mazdas pair of coils.

I'm also on a tight budget so it'll be a lot I go for but don't want an ms3 if a 2 will work.

Whaddaya think?
LAV1000
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Returning user playing catch up with an mx5!

Post by LAV1000 »

Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Returning user playing catch up with an mx5!

Post by Matt Cramer »

Sure, they'll work on an MS2. If using the factory Miata harness, also consider a DIYPNP kit - the price is similar, but it's easier to do sequential injection and the assembly takes about half the time.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X