Tabs

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Jim_Blackwood
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Tabs

Post by Jim_Blackwood »

I am migrating from megatune and have TS v2.0.8 running but I seem to have limited functionality. I only have 3 tabs: Settings, Tables, and Tuning. My guess is that somehow I turned off the other tabs but darned if I can figure out how to get them back. This is a problem because I'm trying to set up a new PWM IAC and can't get to the dialog for setting the frequency and normal/inverted. As is it appears to be inverted, and if I stall the engine it makes some loud noises so I figure the frequency is set wrong. I can see where I'm going to need the features of TS, and if I could just get those missing tabs back maybe I could sort most of it out. Could somebody drop me a hint about how to do that? Thanks.

Jim
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Tabs

Post by jsmcortina »

TS 2.0.8 is a very old version, where did you find it?

More likely though is that your Megasquirt version and firmware version have minimal options. The menus you see are determined by the firmware provided ini file and are usually unrelated to TunerStudio or MegaTune version.

You need to post up what Megasquirt you have. See the Forum Help Page.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Jim_Blackwood
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Jim_Blackwood »

Thanks James. I'm starting to think everything about me is old, but probably that is the answer since it's been 5 years now that the car's been undergoing a powerline upgrade. I guess a software upgrade is in order too.

It's a pretty complex system so I had decided not to install the new MS-3 controller (still in the box, with add-ons) until after I've sorted out the new Megashift controller. It seemed like too many changes all at once since the MShift is running an 8 speed. To be honest I've managed to go so deep into this upgrade that now I'm a little intimidated by it and just trying to dig out and get the car up and running. And to be fair, the only off-and-on contact I've had with an operating MS system during that time has been trying to help my brother Dan with his EFI conversion which we did here in my lab several years back.

Like I said, I'd been using MT with my car (and my truck which has been gone for some time now) and had it working well but Dan convinced me that I needed to step up to TS. So I did an install on my old tuning laptop under his license, figuring once I got it sorted out I'd spring for the license myself. I'm not trying to avoid the fee, you guys hopefully know by now that my word is good and the last thing I'd want to do is offend anybody. In retrospect I guess loading TS Lite would have been the correct approach, but at the time Dan was pretty clueless about what to do with TS and we were trying to muddle through it together so it's basically been two guys working on one car 200 miles apart.

The old controller is (and watch me get the numbers wrong... yet again...) Anyway, it looks like MSII Rev 2.30000 and Embedded Code V 2.36 The board is a MS-II v3.0, I forget the version on the daughterboard, it was 2nd generation. (I also have a 1st generation-limited numbers, what, 1 of 125 or something like that?- daughterboard if anyone is particularly looking for one for some reason) The main board has Phil Ringwood's knock detector circuit in the proto area along with a through-the-case external adjustment and LED.

So at this point I'm going to hazard a guess that you might suggest downloading the latest stable firmware to the controller and downloading and installing TS Lite on the tuning laptop? Or perhaps I should just go ahead and install the full version anyway since I'm going to need some of the advanced features I expect. It's been awhile since I looked at the differences but at any rate I want to support the effort. As for where I got this version, who knows? There is by now MS stuff scattered far and wide. But I do know it's the same version Dan has loaded unless he recently changed it.

I'd also like to say that I really appreciate you being here. We've talked about coming to the meet several times and since this next year should see my car back on the road and Dan's new TR7/1UZ conversion up and running (with the controller out of my truck, a v2.2 motherboard and MSII) as well as his existing TR4 installation gradually improving, there's a pretty good chance the next meet will be the one, though I'll have to check the date. I met Al and Lance at a Fangler's meet up around Dayton back when the first MS was a mere infant. I may be good at fabrication, but you guys are head and shoulders above me on the software and electronics hardware. VERY impressive track record.

Jim
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Jim_Blackwood wrote:, it looks like MSII Rev 2.30000 and Embedded Code V 2.36
That's a very early MS2 firmware. You don't have many menus because the firmware doesn't have many features.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Jim_Blackwood
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Jim_Blackwood »

Thanks, I just ordered a couple of wireless USB plugs so I'll see about updating when they come in.

Jim