What tablet for shadow dash?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

GM MAN VINCE
MS/Extra Newbie

What tablet for shadow dash?

Post by GM MAN VINCE »

Running Megasquirt 3 on my turbo race car and I'm wanting to run the shadow dash as my primary gauges on a tablet. Want to run a 7 " tablet but no very little about tablets what's a good one to run that won't break the bank?
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: What tablet for shadow dash?

Post by elutionsdesign »

Sprint gave me a Galaxy7, I'm sure for the price of the ongoing connection but you can't get cheaper than free. See if your wireless carrier offers something similar. All I use it for is shadow dash.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
GM MAN VINCE
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by GM MAN VINCE »

Do you need Internet on the tablet to get the mph reading on shadow dash? I know the tablet needs GPS in order to do this.
suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by suberimakuri »

Don't need internet for mph
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Laminar »

I'm using a 1st gen Nexus 7 tablet for ShadowDash. It's pretty slow with the latest version of Android and wouldn't recommend it. The 2nd gen Nexus 7 would be a much better option. You can find them for $150 new on Amazon or around $90-100 used on eBay. To find the second gen, just search "Nexus 7 2013".

I know others have had success with cheap off-brand Chinese tablets, but I haven't tried any of those.
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Laminar »

The new Amazon Fire for $50 sure is tempting, people have reported being able to install the Google Play store and from there you're good to go.