question about canbus

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

question about canbus

Post by jsimmons »

Are you only able to hook 1 item up to canbus? Or can you have multiple items connected? For instance, i want to use a racepak dash, can egt and a microsquirt with my ms3pro for various things. Is it possible to use them all?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: question about canbus

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Yes, you can have have multiple devices connected to the CAN bus at the same time. What you want to do should work fine.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Yes, although I recall a discussion a while back about things slowing down for a fellow who had several things hooked up. You'll need to remove the CAN termination resistors from two of the devices.

Edit - ninja'd by Jean! Since he's one of the CAN gurus, I assume the slowdown problem was solved.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

Thanks for the quick replys.. So were the slow down issues resolved? Wouldnt make much sense to try and run a display dash if there are lag problems.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I'm not sure there was a conclusion on what the actual issue was. I have proposed a potential solution for part of the chain which is still up in the air as I never got any feedback. And I don't have a CAN display or a Microsquirt so can't test a full mix of devices and applications.

So I can't guarantee that there is or not a slow down issue. Matt or James may be able to provide more information.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

Ah ok. Well hopefully one of them will reply to this in the morning. I hope there arent any issues with it or if there is hopefully it can be fixed as