327 + blower + MS?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

elaw
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 327 + blower + MS?

Post by elaw »

dontz125 wrote:"Here we see an example of Engine Forward mounting, favoured for ease of maintenance and anti-wheelie balancing. "
:lol:
Eric Law
1990 Audi 80 quattro with AAN turbo engine: happily running on MS3+MS3X
2012 Audi A4 quattro, desperately in need of tweaking

Be alert! America needs more lerts.
elaw
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elaw »

Well I heard back from my friend and this probably won't surprise anyone but I was wrong about the make of the engine. It's a Chevy.
Eric Law
1990 Audi 80 quattro with AAN turbo engine: happily running on MS3+MS3X
2012 Audi A4 quattro, desperately in need of tweaking

Be alert! America needs more lerts.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I think you will find there are a lot more intake options for an old SBC!
WillExoIX
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by WillExoIX »

elaw wrote:
billr wrote:Usually, people don't use a blower like that 6-71 for automotive purposes. That kind of induction is best-suited to when absolute max power is wanted from an engine; safety, longevity, and fuel economy are way down on the priority list.
Well, it's not exactly a daily driver. It's basically a drag racing car, although he does drive it to & from the track.

And while I understand your point, not burning up pistons is fairly high on the priority list... especially as this engine wasn't built from the ground up for forced induction. So IMHO (and again I'll admit I have very little experience with this type of motor) even fuel distribution is very important. And there's no better way to achieve that than port injection!
My 317k mile stock 2.8l v6 was never built for boost or power, but ive been daily driving it for the better part of 6 months running 20psi. I beat the piss out of the car.

Boost wont kill it. Detonation from a bad tune will.
Megasquirt 2 V3.0 Running Msextra 3.4.2. in a 1989 Camaro RS .48AR/60mm Turbo 3.4L/700R4
Boost control, Fan control, Stepper IAC, Launch/Antilag, Working on the GMDIS, and Methanol injection