Racepak iq3s has built in megasquirt adapter!

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Racepak iq3s has built in megasquirt adapter!

Post by jsimmons »

So i bought a racepak iq3s (street version) by mistake from jerry bickel race cars. I meant to buy the drag race version (non logger) but didnt notice it was the street one. Anyway, after looking online to see the difference in the 2 which is nothing really, i started reading the instructions it came with. To my surprise, it has a built in interface adapter for the popular stand alone efi's including ms3. I haven't installed it yet but i will soon and let you all know if there are any problems
jleilich
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Racepak iq3s has built in megasquirt adapter!

Post by jleilich »

I just saw that on their web site. I've been sort of browsing dashes and came across racepak and saw it interfaces with MS3. So does it just plug in? how easy is it to pair the two up?
1970 Cuda 440. MS3X
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

jleilich wrote:I just saw that on their web site. I've been sort of browsing dashes and came across racepak and saw it interfaces with MS3. So does it just plug in? how easy is it to pair the two up?
The iq3s has a harness that comes with it. Im guessing you just run the can H and L to their respective can imputs on ms3. Im out of town atm so i havent had a chance to install it yet
boostalot717
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by boostalot717 »

Very interested in this. I had assumed that the Racepak would need a special cable and sensors to connect with MS3 pro. I will have to look back into it to see what all is broadcasted to the racepak and what it will accept.
jsimmons
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsimmons »

All the racepak dashs require a adapter except their new iq3s (street version) which has one built in. I dont remember what all was broadcast over can but it was everything i needed