Difference in assembly?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sen2two
MS/Extra Newbie

Difference in assembly?

Post by sen2two »

I currently have the MS3 V3.0 unassembled kit (MS330-K) with the MS3X expansion card (MS3pander). I bought this for my 3000gt Vr4, but picked up an AEM for that car for d*** near free. So now I have this and I still would really like to use it.

My 1991 Foxbody (Mustang) is pretty stock but I woud like to go turbo soon. But I would like to have the ECU figured out before I even start down that road.

What do I need to know when assembling my MS3? Anything specific to add or remove when builfding for this car? Also, just incase. If I built this ECU for the Foxbody, is it still possible to use on any car? Or is it built specific to each car type?
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Difference in assembly?

Post by Laminar »

Check out the latest manual for your setup:

http://www.msextra.com/manuals/ms3manuals/

When you build the board, you customize the ignition setup per your expected pickup and outputs. You customize the idle valve circuit. There are a few other options you have as well regarding inputs and outputs, so it is good to have an application in mind when building the kit.
murphys_law
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Difference in assembly?

Post by murphys_law »

Hi sen2two. Fellow 3000gt owner, I've got an AEM v1 too. The ms3 and 3x can be used on just about anything, however it's much better than the V1 if that's what you have(just more work to install and setup)

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk