2004 Blazer 4.3 Vortec with MS2??

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Rngr4x4turbo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

2004 Blazer 4.3 Vortec with MS2??

Post by Rngr4x4turbo »

Hey guys, I have a customer who's wanting me put a DIY MS2, ver 3,0 kit on his 4.3 Blazer but I would need to use his factory fuel and ign systems. I built one for my Ranger with a few mods but that's the extent of my MS experience. Before I buy another kit I'd like to know if anyone has MS2 on a 4.3 vortec with factory stuff and any difficulties they may have encountered installing it. The Blazer is automatic so his pcm would have to control the tranny. I don't want to get into a long term relationship with this vehicle but would like MS to control fuel, ignition including timing using as few sensors as possible...basics, I guess. I've searched the forum for info on it but found very little...not good for me but I'm hard headed. Any info will be appreciated,
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 2004 Blazer 4.3 Vortec with MS2??

Post by Matt Cramer »

A lot of the Vortec engines used a pretty basic crank trigger, one tooth per ignition event, that works in basic trigger mode.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Rngr4x4turbo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Rngr4x4turbo »

Thanks Matt, It has sequential central fuel so 6 injector drivers are needed. From what I've read the MS2 can't supply that many individual drivers. I'm wondering if there may be a noticeable decrease in performance if injectors are paired and I set it up for batch fire? I've not tried this but I suspect it's not going to make much difference in the performance. I've read that going from batch to sequential makes very little difference. Any thoughts on the subject?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Sequential does improve drivability, but without it, well, you'd be in about the same level of drivability as something like the TPI motors from the '80s, which were also batch fire and quite acceptable for use in a daily driver.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X