MS3 vs MS2 with Jbperf board?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BadGoat
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3 vs MS2 with Jbperf board?

Post by BadGoat »

I'm planning on using Megasquirt on a Suzuki G13bb, 1300 cc 4 cylinder. I would like to run sequential injection and spark, and have an output for an electric fan.

My question is there any reason to go with MS3 instead MS2 with jbperf 4 channel board? It was suggested to me a suzuki forum this would be the best way to go. I've done a lot of reading and I can't find anything wrong with that suggestion.

Does anyone here see a reason to go with MS3 over the MS2 with Jbperf board? Better community support?

http://jbperf.com/quad_ign_inj/index.html
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 vs MS2 with Jbperf board?

Post by dontz125 »

The MS3 is more expensive than the MS2, and you will still have to install something like the jbperf board, or the 3X board, to handle the ignition and injector circuits. Community support is pretty much the same, since Jean Belanger spends a lot of his days here, offering support both for his own products and for the MS world in general.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
BadGoat
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by BadGoat »

Thanks for the reply.

So with MS2 I would
12x12 spark map instead of 16x16,
No speed input option vss(not sure what ms uses this for), and serial instead of usb connection. From what I can tell I still could use a ms2 output for fan control, and if I wanted to get wild and do dual o2, there seems to be options for ms2.

Are my conclusions correct, am I missing anything ?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

If the MS2 does what you want now and you don't think you'll ever need more then that would work. Note that the MS2 is a mature product and development is pretty much limited to maintenance and bug fixes while the MS3 code is still actively developed.

If you haven't done so, you may want to have a look at the manuals for both products to get an idea of their feature list. The link is at the top of the page.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
BadGoat
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by BadGoat »

racingmini_mtl wrote:If the MS2 does what you want now and you don't think you'll ever need more then that would work. Note that the MS2 is a mature product and development is pretty much limited to maintenance and bug fixes while the MS3 code is still actively developed.

If you haven't done so, you may want to have a look at the manuals for both products to get an idea of their feature list. The link is at the top of the page.

Jean
I have spent a lot time reading the megamanual and product manuals, but it's been a lot to take in for me. I like the idea of using the ms2 with your board becuase it seems like the ECU case wouldn't be filled with stuff I won't use. I'm not really worried about the extra cost, so maybe I should go with MS3 just in case I'm missing something. I'll sleep on it tonight and wait until the tomorrow to order.

Thanks for everyone's time.