peak and hold driver

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

peak and hold driver

Post by racerron »

im shouting out to any one is interested in buying a peak and hold driver. i talked to this guy for a few mins. http://bakengineering.com/page6.html he said his peak a hold driver supply's 30 volts to the positive side on the injectors and also uses pwm instead of restive current. sounds like a better way to drive those low inpeandence injectors. i have to get at least 4 orders before he will male any.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: peak and hold driver

Post by racingmini_mtl »

A couple of comments on this. First, supplying 30V might sound interesting but that means that many setups may require a significant change in the way the injectors are wired because the usual way is to have the drivers on the negative side with battery power on the positive side. That may or may not be an issue but it is something to consider. And they seem to over emphasize the potential advantage of this high voltage feature.

Second, while PWM may generate a lot less heat than resistive current, it does generate a significant amount of noise. Again, that may not be an issue for some setups but you definitely have to take that into consideration when positioning the drivers and wiring them.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Pretty graphs, but how much is the DT reduced with the higher voltage? That $480 is the cost for a whole MS3X (kit), what is the advantage? If DT is measured correctly, it doesn't matter much with "sensibly sized" injectors. Umm... a "no" from me.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

I can't see $480 worth of value there either.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

i have been using my versa fueler for a few months now. i guess it was worth a discussion. i know there were some guys at the dragstrip that use the big stuff high amp peak and hold driver to run those 800 lb billet atomizers.