MS3 MAF Mod

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Calspecial
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3 MAF Mod

Post by Calspecial »

New here to the site and to MegaSquirt in general. I am getting the MegaSquirt-III Engine Management System w/PCB3.57, no expansion board. I have not received the system yet, so I can't look at it, getting my ducks in a row.
I am going to use a MAF for the system, and the manual says "Solder onto some prototype board. Run jumper wire to JS5 or JS4 (your choice.) Run jumper wire to SPR3 or SPR4 (your choice.)". Does this mean that I have to get a different circuit board to solder the capacitor and resistor to? I would assume that JS and SPR that is referenced are on the MS-3 board and that I would just solder them to the existing board and that the OV-proto just goes to a ground on the board. Is that correct?
Does anyone have some pics of this modification?
Sorry for the Newbe questions, I just don't want to screw this up.
Thx
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 MAF Mod

Post by grom_e30 »

http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/MS3 ... e-1.4.html

that will cover your ecu version, the v3.57 board is a surface mount version of the megasquirt main board it has no proto area like the v3.0 through hole board has, so if you want to add extra circuits it may be easier to use a bit of strip board or similar to accommodate them.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Calspecial
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS3 MAF Mod

Post by Calspecial »

Thanks, I decided to just get the MS3X rather than messing around with the unknown.