Megasquirt Issues

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Ropie30
MS/Extra Newbie

Megasquirt Issues

Post by Ropie30 »

Hey Guys

Im not the most Gifted person when it comes to car Knowledge, would never chose a DIY system for my car, but i have came across a 1990 Mustang GT with a 331 Stroker and 42# Injectors, with a Megasquirt 2 system on it, and A wideband 02 Sensor, my car will fire up, i can get it to Idle for about 20 seconds and then it dies, if i give it throttle it backfires, i believe we have the timing setup correctly through the MS, im just not sure where to go or what to do nwxt. I spent 100.00 on the Autotune but honestly it has helped me none

Like i said, i really never would pick a DIY tune for myself but i need to
Take what i get and its already on, im kinda in a bind for a Vehicle, my wife got rearended in her brand new focus, insurance will only pay 15k on a 25k note and they totaled it, we have Gap insurance but it could be a while before we see that, and the person who hit us was not covered
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Megasquirt Issues

Post by Matt Cramer »

First, confirm the timing you see with a timing light matches the timing displayed in TunerStudio.

Also - :msq:

Those files will be a big help.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Ropie30
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Ropie30 »

Yeah i think were gonna have to
Get in the valve covers because i only have 1 white line, and im not ure if its 10 degrees or 0 degrees
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

Ropie30 wrote:Hey Guys

Im not the most Gifted person when it comes to car Knowledge, would never chose a DIY system for my car, but i have came across a 1990 Mustang GT with a 331 Stroker and 42# Injectors, with a Megasquirt 2 system on it, and A wideband 02 Sensor, my car will fire up, i can get it to Idle for about 20 seconds and then it dies, if i give it throttle it backfires, i believe we have the timing setup correctly through the MS, im just not sure where to go or what to do nwxt. I spent 100.00 on the Autotune but honestly it has helped me none

Like i said, i really never would pick a DIY tune for myself but i need to
Take what i get and its already on, im kinda in a bind for a Vehicle, my wife got rearended in her brand new focus, insurance will only pay 15k on a 25k note and they totaled it, we have Gap insurance but it could be a while before we see that, and the person who hit us was not covered
To understand MS and tuning it does take quite a bit of effort. Think like learning to use a completely new prog on your computer. Say one for composing music - when you'd had no interest in that before. If you do understand the basics of engines and tuning, it will be rather easier than that, though. :D But will still take considerable effort. The alternative is to get it tuned by an MS expert. Once sorted, it won't need any further input from you.
But it is an extremely rewarding subject to learn up on. If you like that sort of thing.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.