New here - new project...

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

J-man
MS/Extra Newbie

New here - new project...

Post by J-man »

hello all, finally registered to start posting. So here it goes...my buddy has had great success with megasquirt on his twin turboed 68 charger and his turbo'd tacoma...now ive got a project. Im taking a 91 mustang's 5.0 fuel injected motor and dropping it into an 81 bronco. I will be turbo'ing it, about 10lbs....

I'd love to spend the next 6 months learning about efi and what all goes into it, but not at this time in my life. So im looking for someone in the Los Angeles area who knows how to install & tune megasquirt - im a complete cornhole when it comes to electronics so if you can direct me to the correct section or people who are in the know that would be great!
81 bronco w/ a 331 stroker, Turbo'd ugly beast in Los Angeles
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: New here - new project...

Post by billr »

Just so you won't think you are being ignored, I gotta ask... what about your buddy, isn't he readily available to guide you?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The good news is that MegaSquirt on a 5.0 is very well charted - the main question is going to be deciding what variant you want to use as a starting point. Any must-have features beyond fuel and ignition control?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

From one cornhole to another, take the plunge and learn how to install MS & program. Best way to learn is by doing. This forum will supply any support required.

Jim
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water