14Point7 MegaSpartan, new Wideband with CAN bus for MS2/MS3

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

retired
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: 14Point7 MegaSpartan, new Wideband with CAN bus for MS2/

Post by retired »

Alan,

I will certainly email you some data and I think Graham T probably will as well.

The setup we use, as well as a few others, is LSUs before the turbo but in sample chambers - small bore tube feeding them and then large bore out to the exhaust after the turbo so we are reasonably confident the LSUs operate at after turbo, normal, pressures.

This is just an A Series thing, siamese ports, charge robbing etc. so fairly unique.

We both have a third LSU totally after the turbo. When we see a spike it is varey rarely replicated after the turbo. You would expect to see a spike half the size if the spike pre-turbo was real.

It's strange, we have discussed this with Jean a fair bit - simply because we are using Jean's IOx code/hardware along side your SLC version and everything else works just as expected (and is obviously highly accurate being digital) but we can't figure out what the random spikes are.

They seem to affect the temperature readings more than the AFR - hence my question if the other customer logged the temperature - not in the log you posted.

We had assumed it was the external I2C we are using even though we use bus extenders to avoid noise so it was a surprise to see the same (well, very similar) in the log you posted from another customer.

Rod.
Classic Mini "A" series 5 port 1360 turbo
MS2-E fully sequential siamese code
14point7 SLC widebands, inner and outer cylinders and after turbo
digital AFR data and digital displays via Tiny-IOx
Graham T
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Graham T »

retired wrote:Alan,

I will certainly email you some data and I think Graham T probably will as well....

Rod.
Yes, I'll get some sorted and get them across to you.

Graham
inis
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by inis »

When pressure compensation gets figured out i would be interested in playing around with one of these. I currently run aem 4 channel pre-turbo.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
DiyAutoTunes: 3.57 ms3x , Jean's IOX board, IGN-1a's, boost control, 4 chan uego. Running full sequential on a built and boosted zetec
OkayDriver
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by OkayDriver »

Clever setup using CAN. Glad this wasn't out a few months back when I picked up my Spartan2 because I would be a couple hundred dollars poorer right now. :D
dieselgeek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dieselgeek »

Hi Alan, or anyone else - I have a mega spartan, second one we've used, on an ms3pro and all I get is "full rich" AFR gauges. They twitch - but that is the extent I can troubleshoot.

Does anyone here know how to check where I might be going wrong? Is there a gauge or something that tells me if my problem is can comms or ? should Port Check or one of the other utilities see this as a CAN device on the network?

Any troubleshooting help is appreciated, it's a weekend and I"m halfway thru teaching a class with no O2s on this car...

thanks to anyone with advice,
-Scott Clark
Squirted: it's easier to list the ones I haven't squirted. I need to do more motorcycle engines!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Scott,

PM or email me you current email address and I'll send you the ini file. You can then open it as a CAN device in your MS3Pro project in TunerStudio.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
dieselgeek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dieselgeek »

PM sent, thanks Jean!
Squirted: it's easier to list the ones I haven't squirted. I need to do more motorcycle engines!