New Guy from New Zealand!

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BoostNZ
MS/Extra Newbie

New Guy from New Zealand!

Post by BoostNZ »

Hi all!

I have been browsing and reading for some months, have skimmed over the manuals and others threads a lot but still have a few questions (that may sound a little dumb to some of you!)

Firstly I have a stock Nissan Silvia S13, which runs a Redtop SR20DET. Stock cams, turbo, injectors etc. Only mods are a 3" exhaust and front mount inter cooler. So I have decided to take the dive and have just ordered a MS3 + MS3X.

I understand that I will be able to run using the stock CAS? I will be running sequential fuel injection as I got the MS3X.

I am a little confused with how to run the ignition, will the MS3 work with the stock ignitor to the COP or can I run directly to the COP? I also wasn't able to find much information on how to setup an electric fan on the MS3?

If anyone could help with some advice or links or where to look for some of the information im after that would be great!
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: New Guy from New Zealand!

Post by CRSTune »

BoostNZ wrote:Hi all!

I have been browsing and reading for some months, have skimmed over the manuals and others threads a lot but still have a few questions (that may sound a little dumb to some of you!)

Firstly I have a stock Nissan Silvia S13, which runs a Redtop SR20DET. Stock cams, turbo, injectors etc. Only mods are a 3" exhaust and front mount inter cooler. So I have decided to take the dive and have just ordered a MS3 + MS3X.

I understand that I will be able to run using the stock CAS? I will be running sequential fuel injection as I got the MS3X.

I am a little confused with how to run the ignition, will the MS3 work with the stock ignitor to the COP or can I run directly to the COP? I also wasn't able to find much information on how to setup an electric fan on the MS3?

If anyone could help with some advice or links or where to look for some of the information im after that would be great!
Welcome!

Yes, you can use the stock CAS sensor without any special trigger disk. Make sure you wire it and set it up as per section 6.40 in the MS3X manual.

The stock ignitor can be triggered by the MS3X ignition outputs. The stock ignition coils cannot accept a logic level input and require an external ignitor. The only SR ignition coils that don't require an ignitor are the S15's. Since you can use the stock ignitor, you don't need to do anything fancy.

Use one of the spare outputs to switch ground to activate a relay to drive the fan.
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
BoostNZ
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by BoostNZ »

CRSTune wrote: Welcome!

Yes, you can use the stock CAS sensor without any special trigger disk. Make sure you wire it and set it up as per section 6.40 in the MS3X manual.

The stock ignitor can be triggered by the MS3X ignition outputs. The stock ignition coils cannot accept a logic level input and require an external ignitor. The only SR ignition coils that don't require an ignitor are the S15's. Since you can use the stock ignitor, you don't need to do anything fancy.

Use one of the spare outputs to switch ground to activate a relay to drive the fan.
Awesome thanks for that info CRSTune, only question I have now is with the stock ignitor which settings would I use? I see that the spark is hard coded so Spark A = 1 B =3 C = 4 D = 2?
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by CRSTune »

Correct, that's the order you want.

Standard dwell with 1.9ms of charge works well.
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug