firmware loader trouble

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Vigintitr3s
MS/Extra Newbie

firmware loader trouble

Post by Vigintitr3s »

Having trouble with firmware loader.

Newly assembled ms2 v3.0. All assembly tests complete.

Followed the instructions shown here.

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tec ... -firmware/

However my loader is not displaying the same things.

It never asks me to turn off the controller

It just says:

Sending firmware to controller ...
[=======================================================================================>] 100.0%
Wrote 124092 bytes
*** Be sure re-set your sensor calibrations ***
*** Settings not preserved. Please re-load your MSQ / tuning settings ***
Press enter to continue...

I hit enter and the loader just closes. I then open Tunerstudio and when I try to "start a new project", it locates the controller on com1 but says "no firmware".

I tried also to to use the integrated firmware loader in tuner studio with the same result. If anyone can point me in the right direction, what info would you need in order to help?
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: firmware loader trouble

Post by grom_e30 »

Did you use the boot jumper? if you did have you removed it after loading the f/w? IF you did not use the jumper to load it try re-loading the f/w with the jumper in place.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Vigintitr3s
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Vigintitr3s »

Yes I used the boot jumper. WIth the loader still open, powered down the controller, removed the jumper, powered it back up, hit "enter to continue" and the loader just closes.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

You are in for a world of hurt if you follow the instructions for a DIYPNP when you actually have a MS2 and V3.0.
Try using these instructions and make sure you select the correct version of firmware for a MS2 and take note the boot jumper for a MS2 is on the daughter card not the main board.
http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Meg ... .4-17.html
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke