Poll level question

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

rithsleeper
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Poll level question

Post by rithsleeper »

Just a side question to a problem I'm having. Poll level phase 1... Is TDC in phase 1? or is the exhaust stroke in phase 1? It says if I get 0V then the setting is "High"... if I get 5v, setting is "Low". That seems opposite right? Unless phase 1 is actually not at TDC but opposite rotation. The engine runs at idle, but I have an ignition problem (in other post). I also made a mistake checking rotor position and forgot to plug in my cam sensor wire, but the engine still ran without that reference....

Any insight so I can git edumicated?
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Poll level question

Post by billr »

Remind me, are you the one with a single-coil and MSD driver? If so, the cam signal phase has nothing to do with the ignition, it would only pertain to sequential fueling and, once off idle, I think it has little affect on that.

As to how to determine correct poll-level phasing, my only (not-so-good) suggestion is to mechanically position the engine on a known stroke and then visually check the cam-wheel position to determine what the signal should be. If the CMP sensor is Hall, then this is fairly easy, as you can simply read the voltage level with a meter.