Bare 3.0 board

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

gjestico
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Bare 3.0 board

Post by gjestico »

Is there anywhere that sells bare 3.0 PCB's ? Don't need the MAP or anything else.....
67 Chevelle, LSX V8 engine, EFI., cuppa 80's TPI projects....I like wires.
Six_Shooter
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Bare 3.0 board

Post by Six_Shooter »

The most "bare" you're going to find is with the MAP and a CPU. It has something to do with licencing that requires the other bits to be included. It seems liike a poor choice to do so to me, since it's a replacement main board, but nothing else could be needed for more than a few reasons...

diyautotune sells the boards with the MAP and CPU.
Tha Toy: 1973 Datsun 240Z Turbocharged, and loads of fun, now MS'd
Tha Otha Toy: 1923 T-bucket Hot Rod, Currently Sniper'd
Tha Daily: 2005 Chevy Blazer
Tha Summer Daily: 1987 Buick Skyhawk hatchback
Tha Long Term Project: 1985 GMC S-10 Jimmy, hasn't been fun for a while
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

If you need it for repair of an existing unit, email us at websales@diyautotune.com; selling them for repair purposes is OK.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
gjestico
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by gjestico »

I wanted to build up a second board with some of my own circuits on it. And swap CPU boards between to test. My original board is a bit rough from circuit revisions and encounters with the "solder sucker".
Thanks Matt, will email you.
67 Chevelle, LSX V8 engine, EFI., cuppa 80's TPI projects....I like wires.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

gjestico wrote:I wanted to build up a second board with some of my own circuits on it. And swap CPU boards between to test. My original board is a bit rough from circuit revisions and encounters with the "solder sucker".
Thanks Matt, will email you.
I have the same situation. Particularly, the proto area has taken quite a beating over the years. I am inclined to want to start over with a clean board, building only the circuits that i require for my setup.

But, I am leaning toward ordering a MS1 v3.0 partial kit (already have a couple spare MS2 cards) and just pitch the MS1 processor into the spare parts bucket. That way I will have the board and a map sensor which I would use in the new build.

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance