Ms2 v3 Nissan s13 engine Ca18DET

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Costa86
MS/Extra Newbie

Ms2 v3 Nissan s13 engine Ca18DET

Post by Costa86 »

Hi, i just bought on 2 hand a ms2 v3 with the intention of installing on my Nissan s13 with CA18DET engine, i don't want to use the oem sensors ,maf, resistors,CAS etc... just want to use the minimum "cr*ap" i can :D keep it clean but funcional, but i have a few questions that i need help ( a lot) :D
1 i dont know almost any info about what i bought , i know its a ms2 v3 with 2,5 bar map sensor installed, it came from a car with turbo conversion ,just don't know what car...going po post a pic to see if you guys can help me

2 What is that black wire standing out for?
3 im going to buy this wiring kit (pic bellow), and a 36-1 trigger wheel for the crank to get started, is it a good option?
4 im thinking on going for a coil and 4 plug wires instead of 4 coil because its less expensive, can i conect directly to MS (i didn't want any resistor/transistor etc in between...)? if so which one should i buy?
5 i wanted to use a knock sensor, can i use the original one?If not which one should i buy to conect to MS?
6 the stock injectors on the Ca18det are low impedance and i want conections without any cr*ap (resistor) between, do i have to buy high impedance ones to conect directly or is there any other way cto conect the stock ones?
7 can i connect directly to ms wideband sensor?
8 relay and fuse box where do i buy?
9 Ca18det base map does anyone have?

Sorry about the bad english :D its not my first language, and also sorry and thanks on advance for the big question list :RTFM:
Thanks
:msq:
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Ms2 v3 Nissan s13 engine Ca18DET

Post by CRSTune »

I'm not sure what you mean by "crap." The stock CAS with the DIY trigger wheel is quite effective and makes life a lot easier for most users. The stock coolant temperature sensor is very accurate and saves you the trouble of needing to adapt another sensor.

Why would you want to switch to a single ignition coil? You need at a minimum 2 ignition coils for waste spark ignition without a distributor. Most users would love to have a factory coil on plug setup. It's not any less expensive to use the parts you already have.

MS2 can drive the stock ignitor directly.

MS2 can drive low impedance injectors directly (2 outputs). You just need to remove the factory resistor box.

You can use the factory knock sensor but you'll need an external knock sensor module to process the signal.

A wideband sensor can be added to the system using any wideband sensor kit (AEM, Innovate, etc). You feed it into the MS2 using the O2 input (or any spare analog 5V input).

A starting/base map for a CA18DET is likely going to be configured to use most of the "crap" you're trying to get rid of.
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

Lets clarify some things here.

The DIY trigger wheel is difficult if to install on CA and RB Nissans so a crank trigger wouldn't be a bad idea.

The ECU is already set up with 2 BIP373s so changes would be needed to run the stock ignitor. DIYAutotune's 4 tower coil or the coil from a 420A Chrysler ( 2.0/2.4 Neon) would be a good choice.

R37 and R38 are not installed....Low impedance injectors are not an option without more changes or the resistor box.

Don't bother with a knock sensor. You'll need more mods and either an old GM knock module or a KnockSense kit and knock sensing even with MS3 isn't great let alone MS2.

I like these for a fuse and relay box https://www.delcity.net/store/Sealed-Mi ... s/p_803800
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
Costa86
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Costa86 »

Thanks for the answer guy's :D
Soo... from what i get im on the right way ?right
CrsTune i was saying crap because i want a clean engine bay with the less stuff to go wrong , i understand what you are saying but you also have to understand that is 25plus years stuff that goes wrong anytime soon, and what im trying to do is to refresh everything i can with new material ,wiring, sensors, etc and keep it simple :D like you know s13 ca18det have lot of resistors,boxes, wiring and stuff everywhere , when something goes wrong is a pain in the... to know what went wrong, i just want to simplify that, and have a cleaner but effective engine bay.
You guys didn't teel me what is that black wire standing out for....
Prof315 what injectors (400ccplus) should i use to be plug and play on ms and if possible in stock fuel rail?

Thank you in advance :D
Cheers
:msq:
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

The reason I didn't mention the black wire is because I can't see what it's connected to in/on the ECU.

For injectors contact these folks... www.fiveomotorsport.com

Also note that you can now buy a GM coolant temp sensor that is a direct fit for Asian cars ( 10x1.5mm washered)
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by CRSTune »

prof315 wrote:The reason I didn't mention the black wire is because I can't see what it's connected to in/on the ECU.

For injectors contact these folks... http://www.fiveomotorsport.com

Also note that you can now buy a GM coolant temp sensor that is a direct fit for Asian cars ( 10x1.5mm washered)
I think you mean M12x1.5, and yes, it will fit MOST Asian vehicles. Yes, that size will fit the CA18.
https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/produ ... ctt9npifm2
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
Costa86
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Costa86 »

prof315 wrote:Lets clarify some things here.

The DIY trigger wheel is difficult if to install on CA and RB Nissans so a crank trigger wouldn't be a bad idea.

The ECU is already set up with 2 BIP373s so changes would be needed to run the stock ignitor. DIYAutotune's 4 tower coil or the coil from a 420A Chrysler ( 2.0/2.4 Neon) would be a good choice.

R37 and R38 are not installed....Low impedance injectors are not an option without more changes or the resistor box.

Don't bother with a knock sensor. You'll need more mods and either an old GM knock module or a KnockSense kit and knock sensing even with MS3 isn't great let alone MS2.

I like these for a fuse and relay box https://www.delcity.net/store/Sealed-Mi ... s/p_803800
Thanks in advance for the tips ,im from europe and it´s difficult to get the coil from chrysler neon,can i use other one from a 4 cyl to be a direct connect to MS ? Thanks :msq: