Rb25det engine random miss fire

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

chris_brathwaite
MS/Extra Newbie

Rb25det engine random miss fire

Post by chris_brathwaite »

Anyone running Megasquirt 3 3.57 on the rb25 engine and gets a weird dip in rpm, and pulse width and an afr spike? Know of a fix for it? Had it since install. please see at time time 6.116s to 6.313s
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Rb25det engine random miss fire

Post by jsmcortina »

Upgrade to current firmware. Long ago there was an issue that impacted Nissan CASes that sounds exactly like your symptoms.
EDIT: I double checked - the firmware you are using already contains the bugfix.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
chris_brathwaite
MS/Extra Newbie

I was looking into the the noise filter in tuner studio if I use the tach interrupt masking would get rid of that. As you can see above us set to 4
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

According to the Status reads, the "random" misfire was when you ran into overboost protection mode.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Factor9RB25DET
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Factor9RB25DET »

chris_brathwaite wrote:Anyone running Megasquirt 3 3.57 on the rb25 engine and gets a weird dip in rpm, and pulse width and an afr spike? Know of a fix for it? Had it since install. please see at time time 6.116s to 6.313s

Does anything like this happen while cruising also? (Since you said its happened since install).. I'd like to have a look at some other logs if you have more showing any kind of drop please.
chris_brathwaite
MS/Extra Newbie

Factor9RB25DET wrote:
chris_brathwaite wrote:Anyone running Megasquirt 3 3.57 on the rb25 engine and gets a weird dip in rpm, and pulse width and an afr spike? Know of a fix for it? Had it since install. please see at time time 6.116s to 6.313s

Does anything like this happen while cruising also? (Since you said its happened since install).. I'd like to have a look at some other logs if you have more showing any kind of drop please.

it happens while at idle and cruising. where the rpm dips and injector duty cycle drops as well i cant find any more right now. sorry for the late reply.....we may need an email reply to personal email notifying of message on the forum.