New Here, Questions

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sgath92
MS/Extra Newbie

New Here, Questions

Post by sgath92 »

Hello, I am new to megasquir not having used it before, however I was lurking around the megasquirt website back when the megaview came out (sometime around 2003?).

I have purchased a completed megasquirt from an authorized distributor/dealer, and am now looking for a MegaView to go with it but cannot find anyone who sells it (either completed, or as unbuilt kits, or even just the PCB). Is this a discontinued item? Has it been abandoned?
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: New Here, Questions

Post by prof315 »

I believe the Megaview products have been dropped from production. Makes since since there are now inexpensive apps for android devices that display far more and will even let you make changes to your tune file. Depending on the app USB, bluetooth and wifi are all connection options.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: New Here, Questions

Post by Matt Cramer »

Yep - MegaView sales dropped to a trickle when it became possible to buy an Android tablet for less and end up with a better display. We've quit selling them as the demand just wasn't there.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X