(SOLVED)TS using lm1- wideband gauge cant calibrate

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

(SOLVED)TS using lm1- wideband gauge cant calibrate

Post by dee808 »

In no way am i this stupid.is what i am thinking.But i have been at it for 3 days now trying to get the a/f gauge to work on ts. I tried almost every config i can think of w/ it programmed from lm programmer to 0-5v 10-20a/f. Could i have an idiots guide so that i can datalog the a/f within TS?lm1- Analog out 1 or 2 to blank analog out grd to blank. And also settings in ts ms.what needs to be on what setting etc.. my gauge is always dead (10)a/f all the time. Needle only moves if i change the gauge completely. Meaning its displaying something other than a/f. Since realizing i was overthinking everything i decided to stop before something expensive breaks. Which is why i have come to you guys for help. Yes i have searched, and i have tried at the oem connector w/oem nb d/c and also at the i/o on my mspnp2 for mr2 ts9092. In mlv a/f flatlines at 10.again since i am in overthinking mode... please be exact as to where i connect what. Driving me nuts!
Last edited by dee808 on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Efi Tuning Noob, so please go easy on me.
AE92 GZE'd 85 AE86 3dr(blue "cancer" pill)
ATS Racing 2.1 stroker GT3071R 92 MR2t t-top (red pill) DIYPNP w/5sgte in the works
"Nobody listens to Turtle"
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: TS using lm1- wideband gauge inop (reads 10 only)

Post by Matt Cramer »

Check the analog output voltage on the LM1; is it stuck at zero volts?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

Was -0.5ish volts , disconnected the analog output ground (was connected to sensor grd at that time) d/c the analog output grd to signal ground then started it back up, then got 0.34v . I hope i didnt mess up the lm1. Any further tips? I will try check analog out2 voltage and let you all know.
ATS Racing 2.1 stroker GT3071R 92 MR2t t-top (red pill) DIYPNP w/5sgte in the works
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

Checked analog 2 and read 1.72v (still with grd from analog output disconnected) all tests were with mult meter neg probe to trunk stay (chassis grd)
Alsoill try search on how to do grd offsets , iirc i had to program it into lm prog
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

It would help if you didn't abbreviate everything so we don't have to guess what you are trying to ask. List what wideband gauge your using and if you have a seperate controler gauge to check against. As mentioned above check the analogue output with a meter before expecting TS to interpret crap data. Once you have correct response select generic wideband gauge and input cal values. I run an Innovate LS1 and use 6.35-22.35 for 0-5volt span.

Jim
98MR2 3sgte
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

Ok seems like i was reading the lm1 voltage output when theres an error / warm up stage. After runs a lil i got approx 1.1v on analog 1 , w/ lm1 = 15.5 a/f approx and 1.9xvolts on analog out 2@ 12.9 a/f on lm1 (Analog grd not connected) both of those were jumping around a lil when reading on mutimeter.so doesnt seem like the 0v-5v settings stuck on analog 1. On lm1 it was reading roughly 15a/f (again roughly, since it was in the cab and i was at the trunk. ) seems like analog 1 is set to 0v-2v and on analog 2 is 0v-5v? Ill try using analog 2 or change config in ts to match either and see
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by dee808 »

Ok looks like i found 1 problem. I/o connector wire for o2 signal had intermittent continuity. Replaced and decided to go with analog 2 output of the lm1 and reconnect the lm1 analog ground to sensor ground of the mspnp2. Got it enough to within about .2a/f during this time. Settings Under calibrate afr table in tuner studio,= custom linear wb 1.15v = 10afr and 5v = 19.99afr. Again its a work in progress due the range of 13.x afr -14.x afr that it was running at. Dont know how accurate the higher and lower scales of afr will be. Aint the best but ill keep chipping away at it. :yeah!:
dee808
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: (SOLVED)TS using lm1- wideband gauge cant calibrate

Post by dee808 »

since the above post , went back to it the following day to find the reading all out of wack again. after lots of tail chasing and redoing lmprogrammer firmware and many calibration changes later I stopped in fustration again. Deciding to sleep on it. Today decided to start from the beginning. What i found was that my cig lighter has less voltage than what the MSPNP2 has. So I rigged up the fused cig lighter with wires. ( middle nipple to 12v+ and outer to chassis ground) The chassis ground i used was the 10mm bolt holding the starter relay and used the Y-B (IIRC) wire going to cooling fan ecu. Crossed my fingers and viola! a/f now reading correctly. Now i am feeling like an idiot. But since it was working properly now , i dont care. :yeah!:

Thank you to all who took time to post. Just would like to add that during this whole time the manual could be a little more specific. Stating that the LM1 analog ground wire should go to the MSPNP2's signal ground as I was most confused on this ( as well as some others that have posted in other forums)
For others having issues with wiring, one of the analog outputs (1 or 2,NOT both) goes to oxygen sensor signal of option connector of MSPNP2.
Reminder if doing it this way to disconnect OEM narrowband sensor, and secure OEM engine harness properly.And of course , check voltage reading from where the LM1 is hooked up and compare to readings in Tunerstudio. If they do not match up, like they say , Have the LM1 power cable get the switched 12v+ and Chassis ground from the same place as the MSPNP2 gets its from.

Thank you! i am sure ill need more assistance down the road.