Averaging of like inputs

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Six_Shooter
Super MS/Extra'er

Averaging of like inputs

Post by Six_Shooter »

IS there a way to average two of the same type of input?

What I'd like to be able to do is take a pair of WBO2 inputs, average them and then using a generic PWM output on an MS3X and/or MS3Pro (this might possibly be used in more than one vehicle), output to a generic WBO2 gauge/display. I could see how this could be used for other inputs as well, IAT, or even if there was a way to show difference, like pre and post IC IAT sensors... or I'm sure many other ways this could be used.

I've looked through the MS3 (1.4) setup manual and didn't see anything in there that said this was possible, nor did I see anything that indicated it wasn't so here I am asking. :)

Possible, or will I have to go a different way with this?
Tha Toy: 1973 Datsun 240Z Turbocharged, and loads of fun, now MS'd
Tha Otha Toy: 1923 T-bucket Hot Rod, Currently Sniper'd
Tha Daily: 2005 Chevy Blazer
Tha Summer Daily: 1987 Buick Skyhawk hatchback
Tha Long Term Project: 1985 GMC S-10 Jimmy, hasn't been fun for a while
Six_Shooter
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Averaging of like inputs

Post by Six_Shooter »

On the Facebook page I was directed to here: http://www.tunerstudio.com/index.php/pr ... nel-wizard

It looks like there might be a way to do what I want, but I can't get into the advanced editor. Is Ultra needed for that?

Though I seem to be having difficulty getting a new channel to actually act correctly, even with just a single input... Need to do more research...

*EDIT* Yes, according to this page: http://tunerstudio.com/index.php/produc ... ure-matrix Ultra is needed to get to the advanced channel editor features.
Tha Toy: 1973 Datsun 240Z Turbocharged, and loads of fun, now MS'd
Tha Otha Toy: 1923 T-bucket Hot Rod, Currently Sniper'd
Tha Daily: 2005 Chevy Blazer
Tha Summer Daily: 1987 Buick Skyhawk hatchback
Tha Long Term Project: 1985 GMC S-10 Jimmy, hasn't been fun for a while
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Averaging of like inputs

Post by racingmini_mtl »

You won't be able to use the new channel as a basis for a PWM output on the MS3. This is a purely Tunerstudio channel and the MS3 is not aware of it in any way.

That's not exactly what you want but you could emulate this with the generic PWM outputs on my TinyIOx where you can use any variable for both axes of the table. So you could have 2 different AFR values for each axis and set the table up so that the output looks like the equation you want as long as you can define it roughly as an 8x8 3D surface.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum