What does "Loop" refer to?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jesse408
Experienced MS/Extra'er

What does "Loop" refer to?

Post by jesse408 »

This is probably a rookie question, but here goes.
Some of the drop down menus in MS3 for various things have "Loops" in the list.
What are these "Loops". Give an example of how they would be used and what type of hardware uses them.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: What does "Loop" refer to?

Post by nathaninwa »

Loop feature set. This feature came about from something I was asking for, and James made it way more cooler

Example, I change reqfuel under boost as a tuning tool for day to day changes. I used an output in programmable settings to trigger an input under reqfuel switching Well, I was running out of inputs and outputs and needed some back, so I asked for rpm to be an option in the reqfuel fuel settings

This is where James created the internal loop. So now I use the loop as an rpm feature greater than 3000, and choose loop under reqfuel to switch at that rpm
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
jesse408
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jesse408 »

Hmmm.
I just finished soldering a wire from D15 on main board over to the MS3X Table Switch to trigger boost table two (effectively shutting off boost controller) when a meth pressure sensor on ADC5 falls below a certain threshold.
Could I have avoided some soldering here and somehow used the loop instead, or is my thinking wrong.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

That's exactly what it's about. Under Programmable Outputs, you would have Loop1 (or Loop2, or ...) activate when ADC5 > (X). TableSwitch is set to 'Hardware', and the input pin is Loop1.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
jesse408
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jesse408 »

Wow!
Gonna fry my brain trying to figure it out, but cool!
Thanks!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Yep, a "loop" is a setting that behaves as if you've "looped" one of your output pins to one of your input pins. Except in this case, both the output and the input are imaginary pins, so you don't have to use up (or solder to) any real pins.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
jesse408
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jesse408 »

Ok. My mental processor is slow, but I'm getting a good handle how this works now. I'm thankful this was implemented. This is going to help alot.