Looking for system purchase Advice on gm 3800

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mjs408
MS/Extra Newbie

Looking for system purchase Advice on gm 3800

Post by mjs408 »

I am looking at using some type of MS to run a supercharged 3800 V6 (L32) This will be going into a early CJ5 with an AW4 auto behind it that will have its own standalone controller. The only engine related electronics I will need is to control and electric fan and maybe cruise control of it can be done.

From my reading and basic knowledge I should be able to get away with micro squirt with that said, any reason I should move up the ladder?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Looking for system purchase Advice on gm 3800

Post by Matt Cramer »

The biggest drawback with a MicroSquirt on this is that it doesn't have an output for a stepper IAC valve like an MS2. Stepping up further to MS3 would give sequential injection and traction control.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
mjs408
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mjs408 »

For sequential it looks like I have to go to ms3x? With the other systems it will just batch fire the injectors how does this effect power and drivability.
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

mjs408 wrote:For sequential it looks like I have to go to ms3x? With the other systems it will just batch fire the injectors how does this effect power and drivability.
Yes you'd need an MS3/3X or MS3-pro for full sequential operation. Power isn't really affected at all using batch fire and if you don't use giant injectors the drivability difference between batch and sequential won't be a big deal either. Sequential fueling is mostly for idle quality and emissions.
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!