New user ,m30t e30

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Julto
MS/Extra Newbie

New user ,m30t e30

Post by Julto »

Hi evryone ! I will try to do my best to speak in english.

I just bought an m30 turbo that came with mega squirt to swap inside my e30.
I cant wait to start that engine :)

I am new to mega squirt , i started to do som Reading/research about it.

I will update my post eith the car in progress when i have som free time.

Can any one tell me what those 3 wire are used for? Yellow red blk inside red wrap.
Theyconect to that weird heatsink box.

grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: New user ,m30t e30

Post by grom_e30 »

they are ignition coil drivers you have 3 spark outputs so enough to drive your m30 in wasted spark mode.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Julto
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Julto »

Can i wire a single coil to pin 36 and 12v? Is it going to work or i have to do som modification to the board?

I have another problem. Evrything is hookedup and my megasquirt doesnt light up.no leds light. I can esr my fuel pump and the engine crank with no spark. I am not even able to conect it to my laptop. Where do i start? I did som troubleshooting of the power suply and evrything is good.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

Julto wrote:Can i wire a single coil to pin 36 and 12v? Is it going to work or i have to do som modification to the board
No q16 is missing thats what would drive the stock coil. its mounted in the other box though.

do you get 5v on the tps vref wire?
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

If Q16 isn't installed in the standard configuration it is going to be hard to advise you. It will take a lot of studying the photos, and questions back-and-forth, for me to understand just what modifications you have on that MS unit. I hope somebody that is familiar with the MS2 and common modifications to it will join in here.

Do you have 5V on the "TPS ref" pin (DB37 connector pin 22)? If not, then that is a basic problem that must be resolved before we go any further. If you do not have 5V there, then disconnect everything connected to the MS except 12V power and ground, and check again for the 5V. If that doesn't get the 5V back, then remove the MS2 daughterboard and try reading the 5V again at the DB37 pin 22 or the "proto" area of the mainboard.