What Do I Need?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Markthemuskrat
MS/Extra Newbie

What Do I Need?

Post by Markthemuskrat »

I am in the middle of turbocharging an 8.0l Dodge Magnum V10 and I need to be able to tune sequential ignition/fuel with the factory cam and crank triggers. Will a normal ms3 work? If not, what would I need that would work?
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: What Do I Need?

Post by prof315 »

You'll need an MS3-Pro or MS3-Pro Ultimate for sequential fuel. Sequential ignition isn't possible but waste spark is. Several people have done the Dodge V-10 already hit the search up for threads
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Actually, this can be done with an MS3/MS3X and has been done. However, it is a DIY project because you need to add 2 injector drivers in some way and you also lose the option of using the internal realtime clock. You still only can do sequential injection and wasted spark.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Markthemuskrat
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Markthemuskrat »

Would anything change if I used a box for only ignition no efi, or would one of those jbperf addon boards add enough hardware for sequential spark?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

I'm sorry my previous message was wrong. With the MS3/MS3X and the addition of the needed hardware (2 injector drivers and 2 ignition drivers), you can have sequential injection and sequential ignition. This is in the manual: http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/MS3 ... .4-62.html (section 3.6.3 starting at the bottom of the page).

Please note that the additional injection drivers prevent you from using the realtime clock and the additional ignition drivers prevent you from using the internal knock module.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum