MS PNPPRO mx5 90-93 vvt swapped

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BEdrifting
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: MS PNPPRO mx5 90-93 vvt swapped

Post by BEdrifting »

prof315 wrote:No Your fuel pressure should be 300 Kpa or so.
What might be causing this issue then ? FPR is hooked up the right way according to the megathread. And the feed line and return line are correct aswell.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BEdrifting
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by BEdrifting »

Ok now I'm confused.
Just changed the spark plugs cranked over and when checking if they are wet or not they aren't. In testmode I can fire them all but when cranking there appears to be no fuel. What is causing this issue ?
prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

Flow test you fuel pump. It sounds to me like it's working electrically but not building pressure
Linfert Performance/321 Motorsports
SCCA 2019 SM National Champion Crew Chief
SCCA 2023 FP National Champion Tuner/electrical engineer
100s of MS systems built installed and tuned
Support the developers!
BEdrifting
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by BEdrifting »

prof315 wrote:Flow test you fuel pump. It sounds to me like it's working electrically but not building pressure
Megasquirt doesnt read fuel pressure unless you have an aftermatket pressure sensor the pressure is fine. I got a bit closer to the solution => There was no crank and cam sensor signal when doing the diagnosis thing. So I'm rewiring the tps and both sensors to the additional pins on the megasquirt. I will see if that solves the issues

prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

BEdrifting wrote:
prof315 wrote:Flow test you fuel pump. It sounds to me like it's working electrically but not building pressure
Megasquirt doesnt read fuel pressure unless you have an aftermatket pressure sensor the pressure is fine. I got a bit closer to the solution => There was no crank and cam sensor signal when doing the diagnosis thing. So I'm rewiring the tps and both sensors to the additional pins on the megasquirt. I will see if that solves the issues

I'm well aware of the fact that MS doesn't read fuel pressure unless you have a sensor set up for it. But YOU posted fuel pressure readings so I assumed you had one. The aux upgrade wiring is really for using a newer harness and engine ( 96-00 depending on the swap, 01-05 uses a totally different ECU connector). Get a composite log of the engine cranking and we can see what's up.
Support the developers!
BEdrifting
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by BEdrifting »

prof315 wrote:
BEdrifting wrote:

I'm well aware of the fact that MS doesn't read fuel pressure unless you have a sensor set up for it. But YOU posted fuel pressure readings so I assumed you had one. The aux upgrade wiring is really for using a newer harness and engine ( 96-00 depending on the swap, 01-05 uses a totally different ECU connector). Get a composite log of the engine cranking and we can see what's up.
I have a '03 vvt engine in it wich does require wiring changes. And I ment connector 3 on the ecu.

prof315
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by prof315 »

BEdrifting wrote:
prof315 wrote:
BEdrifting wrote: Megasquirt doesnt read fuel pressure unless you have an aftermatket pressure sensor the pressure is fine. I got a bit closer to the solution => There was no crank and cam sensor signal when doing the diagnosis thing. So I'm rewiring the tps and both sensors to the additional pins on the megasquirt. I will see if that solves the issues

I have a '03 vvt engine in it wich does require wiring changes. And I ment connector 3 on the ecu.
Yeah I understand, Connector 3 is for 97-00 harness swaps.
Support the developers!