We've extended the warranty on the MS3Pro EVO and Ultimate!

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

We've extended the warranty on the MS3Pro EVO and Ultimate!

Post by Matt Cramer »

We originally offered a one year warranty on all our assembled units, but we've made this even better on the MS3Pro EVO and Ultimate. Register one of these ECUs within 30 days of purchase, and we upgrade this to a warranty that lasts as long as we have parts in production to fix your ECU. Even if we end up making upgrades to the design, as long as we've making more ECUs by that name, you're covered.

See this page for details: AMP EFI Warranty
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Six_Shooter
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: We've extended the warranty on the MS3Pro EVO and Ultima

Post by Six_Shooter »

That's awesome, assuming that you will keep parts in stock for years and not some sort of word play. *squinty eyes* lol

No really, that's great, and could mean nearly indefinite.

How long is this promotion running? I have a couple projects coming up that I plan to get Evos for.
Tha Toy: 1973 Datsun 240Z Turbocharged, and loads of fun, now MS'd
Tha Otha Toy: 1923 T-bucket Hot Rod, Currently Sniper'd
Tha Daily: 2005 Chevy Blazer
Tha Summer Daily: 1987 Buick Skyhawk hatchback
Tha Long Term Project: 1985 GMC S-10 Jimmy, hasn't been fun for a while
R100RT
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by R100RT »

That's an unsurpassed endorsement of the quality of the unit Matt, I have dealings in heavy equipment warranties and the coverage offered tends to reflect expectation of product reliability versus surveyed or projected failure rate (the bean counters are always lurking in the back or lofty office from whence develops "Word Play. *Squinty Eyes* :lol: )
1983 BMW R100RT Motorbike
Turbocharged - Water/Meth
Sequential Ignition & Fuel
"Perky Sleeper" that excites bike enthusiasts once discovered (or being passed)
Newest project - 1995 BMW K75 is V3 Microsquirt, "Turbocharger - Of Course"
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Six_Shooter wrote:That's awesome, assuming that you will keep parts in stock for years and not some sort of word play. *squinty eyes* lol

No really, that's great, and could mean nearly indefinite.

How long is this promotion running? I have a couple projects coming up that I plan to get Evos for.
This isn't a temporary promotion. This is the new policy.

And yes, we expect the MS3Pro EVO and Ultimate to stay in production for quite a while. Right now our R&D is focused on add ons and more MSPNPs. It's possible that we may broaden the AMP EFI lineup with some other ECUs that either occupy a lower end of the price scale or a higher end, but we expect the MS3Pro EVO and Ultimate to stay in production for years, with only minor updates if we need to respin the board to accommodate some supplier's product change. If at some point we end up replacing them with a lower end branch of the "MS4" line, we'll still keep enough parts on hand to cover and keep everyone's warranty in place for at least a year after that.
Rick Finsta
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Rick Finsta »

Yeah Matt that's great and all but I can go buy a Holley and have the 5V rail die on it (like so many have) and have a $2600 paperweight. What are you guys doing to compete with the Broken Holley Paperweight Promise?!?

:mrgreen:
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

We've kicked around the idea of "Send us a competitor's broken ECU or ignition box that they've tagged as unfixable, and get $X off a product Y" promo. But that might be a bit too much thumbing our nose at the competition. Holley's probably irked enough that a car with big MS3Pro decals on the side won a spot on their LS Fest West promo advertising. :D
Six_Shooter
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Six_Shooter »

Awesome. I'll be sure that the vehicles to get the EVOs registered for that life time warranty. :mrgreen:
Tha Toy: 1973 Datsun 240Z Turbocharged, and loads of fun, now MS'd
Tha Otha Toy: 1923 T-bucket Hot Rod, Currently Sniper'd
Tha Daily: 2005 Chevy Blazer
Tha Summer Daily: 1987 Buick Skyhawk hatchback
Tha Long Term Project: 1985 GMC S-10 Jimmy, hasn't been fun for a while