JimStim V1.5 issues

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

AaronG
MS/Extra Newbie

JimStim V1.5 issues

Post by AaronG »

I apologize for posting this here but I'm not sure where to go. JBPerf hasn't approved my post yet and I was hoping to get this sorted out asap.

I just built a V1.5 JimStim and I was following the "testing and troubleshooting" section listed here:
http://jbperf.com/JimStim/JimStim_v1_5_assembly.html

Under "Testing the tach signal" I hook everything up as stated but instead of getting a blinking IAC led, I've got a solid IAC led. I've triple checked all my solder points, read over everything provided many times, I'm getting 3.3V at pin 1, 3, 13, and 14 with both RPM switches cranked CW. The voltage regulator doesn't get hot under any conditions. I'm just a little lost on where I go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: JimStim V1.5 issues

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Just a thought but if you have both rpm pots flat out is the led just blinking too fast for the eye to see the blinks?
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Also check to be sure the transistors don't have any solder bridges.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
AaronG
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by AaronG »

Actually, it looks like I got my pins mixed up. The Primary Tach text is right under the 5v pins, I need the pins to the left of the text, not above it.

Repinned it and it works. Sorry for the bother guys, but thank you for the suggestions.