Motorcycle, Snow-Mobile & Car Throttle Specs and Pics

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

baz-r
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Motorcycle, Snow-Mobile & Car Throttle Specs and Pics

Post by baz-r »

hi i have some kawaski zx6r itb's (keihin T020AUL8) 38mm with dark green injectors of a unknown make (small denso style plugs) with EAT288 on one side and 28806YJ on the other
i have removed the primery butterflys and eletronic motor quiet easy and pluged the holes where the shaft was

i have three questions what is the injector flow rate? think fuel pressure is 44psi but im not sure or can i set up my ms2extra some other way for basic mapping calculations?
where can i get some plugs to wire my injectors up?
should i use fixed or verible type fuel pressure regulator? (fitting up to a 1800 cc zetec)
Tbird650
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Tbird650 »

baz-r
I have the same EAT288 injectors and would also like to know what flow rate they are. Interestingly the other number is slightly different. 288071S
One thing on mine, is at the very bottom, inside of where the connector plugs, it reads "license bosch". I needed a magnifying glass plus get the light just right to be able to read it.
Google hasn't turned up with any spec nor has the workshop manual. Part number is listed as INP-288 in the 09 manual. Google on that points to a possibility of being a Nikki injector.
motthomas
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by motthomas »

Great thread this! If it wasnt for this, I would never have thought of trying to use GSR or CB400 throttle bodies on my cbr250. Question though... Parus, you took the CB400 throttle bodies apart for your CBR400RR conversion right? Are they designed to come apart? Would there be any possibility of reducing the spacing between the stubs? As in dismantle and machine material from the mating edges. Also I would require to move the larger spacing (where the throttle spring is) from the middle of the stack to in between cylinders 3 and 4. Any idea if it is do-able? Do you have any photos of the dismantling process?

Did you also have your hands on the GSR400 throttle bodies?

Thanks,
Thomas
baz-r
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by baz-r »

Tbird650 wrote:baz-r
I have the same EAT288 injectors and would also like to know what flow rate they are. Interestingly the other number is slightly different. 288071S
One thing on mine, is at the very bottom, inside of where the connector plugs, it reads "license bosch". I needed a magnifying glass plus get the light just right to be able to read it.
Google hasn't turned up with any spec nor has the workshop manual. Part number is listed as INP-288 in the 09 manual. Google on that points to a possibility of being a Nikki injector.
all i found is

INP-288, Kawasaki part# 49033-0013 NOZZLE-INJECTION, Denso part# EAT288

Connector: Nippon Denso style / Sumitomo? type connector
Body Color: Dark Green
Markings (stamped by connector pins): LICENSE BOSCH
High Impedance
8 hole, 60 micron atomization droplet size
200cc/min @ 43 PSI
alfabit
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by alfabit »

Hi, i'm going to use ITB from a Yamaha 07 YZF-R6, anyone has a picture with/or dimentions for them? Thanks
jeff01
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jeff01 »

Witch are the most tighter bike throttlr bodys what could be used on VR6?
Or have anybody seen ITBs in two rows before?
Thanks.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

jeff01 wrote: Or have anybody seen ITBs in two rows before?
Thanks.
Two rows of ITBs are pretty much the usual way of installing them on wide angle V engines.

I would expect you could do the same on a VR6 with the right manifold.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Roleyrev
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Roleyrev »

SUZUKI

Make/Model: LTZ400
Year: 09-
Number of Tb: 1
Inside Diameter: 36mm
Overall Length: 88mm
Outside Diameter (intake): 48mm
Outside Diameter (filter): 46mm
Injector Make/Model: Keihin
Flow Rate (45psi/100%): 400cc
Injector Impedance 15ohm
Fuel Rail Inside Diameter: Injector breaks out to 7.9mm hose
Additional Info:
Integrated MAP(142kPa@5volts, 86kPa@3volts, 58kPa@2volts, 28kPa@1volt) and TPS sensor(5kohm)
Single cable guide.
20170912_074806376_iOS.jpg
20170912_074806376_iOS.jpg (226.21 KiB) Viewed 13545 times
20170912_074814290_iOS.jpg
20170912_074814290_iOS.jpg (240.92 KiB) Viewed 13545 times
Two_Wheeler
Experienced MS/Extra'er

2003 Suzuki GSXR600 injector flow test

Post by Two_Wheeler »

I wanted to add some data from one of my motorcycle projects here. Short-attention span summary: My 2003 used GSXR600 injectors flowed an average of 284 cc/min.

Background:
Last year, I built a DIY injector flow tester to do some injector calcs for a turbocharged 4 cylinder Dodge engine. The setup uses a 2x4 frame with an aluminum angle across the top that has studs to mount a fuel rail and holes to hold the injectors, a regulator, and a pressure gauge. I have an external EFI pump with filters on it, and a manual regulator, so I can vary the PSI if needed. For this test, I set the PSI to just under 44 (43.5 +/-). The injectors spray into calibrated cylinders that are marked every 2ml (1 ml= 1 cc). I have an electronic timer that opens the injectors for exactly 15 seconds, which gives a precise flow time. The flow amount is multiplied by 4 to give 60 seconds. I'll attach a couple of pics of the setup.

For anyone wanting to duplicate this, the timer came from Amazon, the rail is from a 1991 Dodge Daytona (use smaller/larger o-rings and you can test almost anything), the pump is a generic eBay external w/ 1/2" inlet and 5/16" out, the filter is from a mid 80's VW van, the cylinders were also found on eBay (use their height to build the frame), and the regulator is a generic eBay manual adjustable model. I had an adapter welded to adapt the o-ring inlet of the regulator to the rail, and some more welding to adapt some AN fittings. I had to trim the base of one cylinder since I placed the rail too close to one end. Wiring is fairly simple, I used a JY harness for the car injectors, and for $15 shipped I got one from a GSXR600 on eBay. I test in an open area using a 5 gallon gas can for supply and the return hose goes into it also. Having a fire extinguisher on hand is always suggested. :D

My GS1000G uses a set of TBs and injectors from a 2003 GSXR600, purchased used via eBay. It never has run right, it lacks top end power, as if it were running out of gas. My initial calcs used the data from post #1 here (240cc). Today I found out how far off they were (44 cc or about 18% more fuel).

I tested the injectors 2 at a time so as to not overload my 10A power supply.

In my test, I obtained raw numbers of 70/70/72/72 ml, which when multiplied by 4 for 60 seconds returns 280-288 cc/min or an average flow of 284 cc/min.

I'm looking forward to plugging in the correct data and seeing if this cures the problem.
Attachments
Front view of injector tester
Front view of injector tester
Tester front.jpg (358.06 KiB) Viewed 12924 times
Rear view of injector tester
Rear view of injector tester
Tester rear.jpg (361.83 KiB) Viewed 12924 times
1981 Suzuki GS1000G & 1992 GSX1100G Microsquirt Projects
Adapting fuel injection mostly from a 2003 GSXR600
Hearing "It can't be done" is SOP around here.
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Re:

Post by Laminar »

Stelz wrote:Make/Model: SUZUKI GSXR1300 (Busa)
Year: pre 2002 ?
Number of Tb: 4
Inside Diameter: 42mm at injector end, tappered from 51mm at air horn end
Center-Center (left to right from behind): 80-80-80
Overall Length: 90mm
Outside Diameter (intake): 55mm
Outside Diameter (filter): 53mm
Separate casting: Yes
Injector Make/Model: Keihin,
Flow Rate (45psi/100%): ?
Fuel Rail ID: PA66-G35
Additional Info: no secondary butterfly
I have a couple set of these on hand, so I figured I'd take some pics to share. These were listed as for '99-'07 bikes. Stock injectors are 240cc @ 43psi.

Air filter side OD: 53mm

Air filter side ID: 49mm

Head side OD: 55mm

Head side ID: min ID is 42mm, max is 49mm

They use rubber couplers to connect to the head. They fit on the head side of the throttle bodies, and the intake side is roughly 48mm.