VVT control on MS3

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

sdc200x
MS/Extra Newbie

VVT control on MS3

Post by sdc200x »

Hi,

I have lead myself to the understanding that I can control a VVT solenoid (04 MX5) from a MS3 , without the expansion card. Is this the case.

There is no mention in the V3.0/MS3 manual, and i have searched the forums high and low for details of how to wire up with an MS3, i.e. which outputs to use, do i need to run a high powered transistor as per PWM IAC.

Am I missing something pretty basic here?

Thanks for your help.
suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: VVT control on MS3

Post by suberimakuri »

I haven't used the MS3 on its own. I find adding MS3X makes everything like this so much easier.
I don't know how your MX5 VVT works (on/off or variable PWM or otherwise). Do you?

In the past with MS1 and MS2 you had to always build extra addon circuits.
You may find the MS3 and MS2 extra manuals contain a suitable VVT circuit. Depends how it works.
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: VVT control on MS3

Post by Paul_VR6 »

I have used a tip122 with a 1n4001 for the vw fully variable vvt before. Its similar to the upgraded idle circuit so there should be diagrams in the manual.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!