Megasquirt and 5 cylinder COP

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BB-Q
MS/Extra Newbie

Megasquirt and 5 cylinder COP

Post by BB-Q »

Hi there. I briefly meddled with MS about 10 years ago, but have forgotton what little I learned then, so am now begging for help!

I'm currently building a Volvo T5 powered Volvo 240, so will be needing to get a Megasquirt soon, as it's probably the biggest expense other than the transmission and I'd like to get it bought before the money gets spent on other things. I'm thinking that MS2 will be most appropriate (I can't afford MS3), but what will I need to order with the kit other than what comes as standard to give me five spark outputs? The engine has COP with the amplifiers built in to the coils, so I don't think I need to buy coil drivers.

I know I need the 4 Bar MapDaddy for the amount of boost I eventually want to run, and I also know I need to order the boost control mod kit, but it's the ignition side I'm struggling with. Can anyone help me, please? What I know about electronics can be written on a gnat's bum with a blunt pencil!
Manu
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Megasquirt and 5 cylinder COP

Post by Manu »

Hi,

You will need 3x TC4427 and 5x 15 ohm 1/8w resistors. Look at manuals for wiring.

Cheer,
Manu
I can supply, repair or upgrade Megasquirts in FRANCE.

https://www.megasquirt.fr
Drew442
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Megasquirt and 5 cylinder COP

Post by Drew442 »

I just bought tc4427's from here. About 2-3 weeks delivery to Australia.

Free shipping 5pcs/lot TC4427 TC4427CPA TC4427EPA DIP DIP-8 new original
http://s.aliexpress.com/b2mEJrmq
(from AliExpress Android)

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk