updated to v1.5 MS3 3.0 with a few issues

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Targa44
Helpful MS/Extra'er

updated to v1.5 MS3 3.0 with a few issues

Post by Targa44 »

First post...
I have an old 911 3ltr with relay board in the engine compartment. My MS3 was used on a car very similar to mine. My engine was rebuilt and we installed the MS with the engine on a test stand - wow, fired right up, idled, great throttle response and I thought this is going good. Installed on the car and not so much. It was suggest to upgrade the firmware to 1.5 as this unit had 1.1. I purchased the Tuner Studio MS and the MegaViewer. I don't know if I've fallen victim of the "Gotchas" or not. I don't consider my components to be too fancy... manifold pressure, clt, eng. temp, intake sensor, new AEM gauge controller, Clewett 60-2 crankfire. It's very "Bitz" like with ignition added.

Current issues:
-will not start as it backfires and dies
-throttle setting from the gauge cluster says I'm at ~30% before I crank
-no AFR calibrate through "tools" available (not highlighted)
-no RPM synch red cell
-Audit review after attempted crank says, "noise filter RPM one or more values higher than 7500

Being new to EFI, I'm hoping for help from the above. I tried chasing down some answers here and just keep chasing. I'll attempt to attach an MSQ file as I know anybody would just be guessing at the issues without it. I'm guessing at the answers and don't really know what I'm to do to resolve and get it running again.

thanks,

Ken
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: updated to v1.5 MS3 3.0 with a few issues

Post by billr »

Nobody else is biting on this? Let's see if I can help a bit...

"Current issues:
-will not start as it backfires and dies Has spark timing been verified with a (simple) light, on all cylinders? Try setting cranking advance to 0 deg.

-throttle setting from the gauge cluster says I'm at ~30% before I crank I assume you have calibrated it in "Tools", but turn on the "auto zero TPS" in the General Settings

-no AFR calibrate through "tools" available (not highlighted) Unlock the calibrations in "tools"

-no RPM synch red cell Post the MSL, and a tooth log

-Audit review after attempted crank says, "noise filter RPM one or more values higher than 7500" No help for you there, I have never touched those filters. Are you using the defaults?
Targa44
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: updated to v1.5 MS3 3.0 with a few issues

Post by Targa44 »

thank you - responded in MS3 section with related questions.

kj