Wiring Harness Question

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

fj1289
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Wiring Harness Question

Post by fj1289 »

Rewiring the race bike to upgrade from microsquirt to MS3.

At work I snagged some wiring harness sleeve from work. It's a fire resistant braided sleeve. It also includes a braided steel inner sleeve. Would using the braided inner sleeve on the whole wiring harness be a good idea? Want to make sure I won't cause some unexpected interference?

Or would it be better to use the inner steel shielding on the parts that typically cause interference - like the ignition wires and the air shifter solenoid? Or better to use the inner steel braid on the rest of the harness instead?

Thanks
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Wiring Harness Question

Post by DaveEFI »

You tend to screen cables sensitive to interference rather than the ones which cause it. And the best plan is to keep the loom and things like HT cables well apart.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Six_Shooter
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Six_Shooter »

DaveEFI wrote:You tend to screen cables sensitive to interference rather than the ones which cause it. And the best plan is to keep the loom and things like HT cables well apart.

^^^THIS!!!
Tha Toy: 1973 Datsun 240Z Turbocharged, and loads of fun, now MS'd
Tha Otha Toy: 1923 T-bucket Hot Rod, Currently Sniper'd
Tha Daily: 2005 Chevy Blazer
Tha Summer Daily: 1987 Buick Skyhawk hatchback
Tha Long Term Project: 1985 GMC S-10 Jimmy, hasn't been fun for a while
fj1289
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by fj1289 »

Although I have several pieces of both the inner and outer braids on hand - sounds like there is no benefit to using the inner steel braid. I'll just use the outer braid then and rely on the existing shielding for the crank sensor.

Thanks!