2jz-gte questions :)

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Motoren
Helpful MS/Extra'er

2jz-gte questions :)

Post by Motoren »

Hi, I have a supra mk3 with a 2jz-gte engine with a GT40 and front mount IC, aftermarket plenum. Running aem series 1 now.

I'm gonna buy a microsquirt with the HSD-4 driver to run the A340E transmission

Ms3pro ultimate to run the engine. I have been searching if there is anything I need/can upgrade now I'm gonna make a completely new wiring harness. And this is what I have found out so far :)

Switch out the cam and crank sensor with hall sensor, have read that the signal should be more stable than the VR sensor.
Change the stock knock sensors with bosch 0 261 231 006
Buy two Honeywell pressure sensor for my fuel and oil pressure so I can make some failsafes. https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/honeywell- ... p-167.html

I was thinking about upgrading my coils to the ign-1a coils, but since I'm probably never gonna go past 900hp i would rather use the money on something else. (I have the HKS twin spark on now)

Is there anything else I should consider changing ?

Kent
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: 2jz-gte questions :)

Post by Suprazz »

You dont need to change the vr sensors for hall. The stock vr can work well with the ms3pro. You might want to add a 10k inline resistor on the cam circuit.
For everything else, it' a good setup!
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!
Motoren
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Motoren »

Ok thanks :)

VR sensor as long as I use shielded wire and not running them too close to ignition and injectors :)

I need to use shielded wire on: TPS, knock sensor, cam and crank VR sensor. Anything else?

I have been searching the web for a good relay board. With 3/4 relays and some fuses, anyone know a good place to buy one or do people build them them selves ?

Kent
Kent
Supra mk3 2jz-gte
Ms3pro ultimate (installing)
Microsquirt trans control (installing)
Denmark
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

The harness will come with shielded cam and crank sensor wires, and the tps. I've had no issues with knock sensors being unsheilded. On my 2j I'm using the stock sensors with 10k resistor inline with the positive side on both setups, and my crank wire has a 1k shunted (soldered in between pos and neg) and my setup revs clean to 8k and a buddy's 1j gos out to 8500rpm with the same wiring

I'd suggest making a spead sheet of all the features you want. I tend to make a harness unwrapped and prove it out first incase I wanted to add something, then go back and wrap up

I'm running gm LQ9 coils with great results

My 2j car runs the Bussman 5 relay box like the one diy is now using, as does my tow rig, you can find complete kits on eBay and my race car runs a nitrous daves relay panel
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
Motoren
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Motoren »

Thanks for your reply.

The Bussmann looks very nice and i have found someone who can make one for me. I would rather have made it myself but, you have to buy so large quantenties that its cheaper to just buy one.

Im gonna mount two fuel pump relays in the trunk.

the bussmann in the engine compartment or inside the car. i guess i have to use one relay for coils and one for injectors? or can i run both on the same?

kent
Kent
Supra mk3 2jz-gte
Ms3pro ultimate (installing)
Microsquirt trans control (installing)
Denmark
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Suprazz »

as you want. YOu can run on same relay or different. Sometime it's useful to have it on separate circuit when you have issues. Easier to figure out where is the issue..

Regarding the 1k shunt on the crank sensor, I had issue with this setup so I always install 10k inline now and always work well..
You should ground the knock sensors.
No need for the other signals
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Leash electronics makes a nice two 40 amp relay module that I used for twin pumps, and now using both for a large single
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control