gsxr 1000 injector wiring

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

liltony1216
MS/Extra Newbie

gsxr 1000 injector wiring

Post by liltony1216 »

Have anyone ever wired up a MS3pro on a gsxr 1000? I'm trying to figure out if I have my wiring correct to be able to run 8 injectors as primary. I have it wired A-1, B-2, C-4, D-3, E-1, F-2, G-4, and H-3.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: gsxr 1000 injector wiring

Post by grom_e30 »

not sure why you would run 8 primary when you can use staging and just run 4 then stage on to 8 when you need more fuel. they are wired correct for staging though.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
jdmckechnie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by jdmckechnie »

wiring both sets of injectors for primary would decrease the injector pulse width TOOOO low? wouldnt it? makes for all sorts of idle and low throttle position issues... im pretty sure the secondary injectors are better off being staged to come on at higher engine loading. it gives the fuel more time to atomize and cool the incoming air stream, among other things. at low throttle angles and idle, your secondaries are going to be spraying in to almost still/non-moving air while your idle air control carries most of the air velocity. you could literally pool fuel behind the primary throttle and slurp it up unpredictably, which would make for all sorts of headaches.
id run the down streams as primary, and stage the secondary. just my 2 cents!
ive done this with a set of 07-08 tb's from a gsxr 1000 on my 1990 gsxr 750, and it works amazing. Besides the fact that the tb's are huge and i need a massive amount of throttle control until its up to 7000+ rpm, the staging works beautifully on MS, and when set up properly it delivers good results.

are you using the secondary throttles by any chance? ive been meaning to try and come up with a control algorithm (or find someone to help with one) to assist with maintaining a set manifold pressure per RPM.. im lazy and havent done anything with it yet..
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

If it has a 1-2-4-3 firing order, that's how you should set it up for staged injection. The E through H injectors will only be used if staged injection is enabled.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X