Vss converted to 0-5 signal

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Vss converted to 0-5 signal

Post by nathaninwa »

I'm looking to convert my vss signal to a 0-5 signal so I can introduce it back into megasquirt on an analog input. I tried using a Pwm output with a pull-up into an input and you can see the on/off time not a steady voltage

Some searching found this http://www.spectecsensors.com/mobile/fr ... rters.html but not really sure if that's what I'm looking for

Thanks.
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Vss converted to 0-5 signal

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Why? A digital frequency signal will be much more accurate.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

If the OP really has to have such conversion, though, what is the cost of those converters? Something like an LM2907/2917 F-to-V converter IC is only about $2
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I haven't looked into the cost yet. Just googled the converter and found that. I'm not good with identifying parts and knowing that they do, but give me a parts lists and I can solder like no tomorrow!

I'm trying to get a clean voltage into megasquirt to have a speed based adjustable traction control slip percent

Edit. I'm using hall sensors
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

In answer to your specific question: Yes, I think one of the convertors linked-to would work for you.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I did some more research and found on Amazon a freq to voltage converter. I bought a 200hz, 0-5v unit. Can you guys look over my datalog and msq? Looks promising. I had to use variable frequency to get it to read correctly and was only able to get 0 to 2.7volts output. So I scaled the slip percent chart according to 2.7 in to 5 volts (54%)

In the log you can see it labeled slip percent. It is reading correctly where 0% is 0v and 100% is 2.7v I'm just looking for verification that the whole slip percent deal is setup correctly