Innovate LC-2 Controller and an AM radio (video)

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Innovate LC-2 Controller and an AM radio (video)

Post by jsdevel »

So, I've been trying to track down sources of noise in my MS2 install. Everything looks good on log viewer. Thought I'd observe components with an AM radio and captured this. Has anyone else observed this much noise from a component like this? Would this cause resets?

https://youtu.be/uFX-uhw6pXE

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Innovate LC-2 Controller and an AM radio (video)

Post by jsdevel »

Interestingly enough, when the sensor is disconnected, the controller is silent. I tried 2 different sensors. I'm thinking it's a bad controller.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

jsdevel wrote:Interestingly enough, when the sensor is disconnected, the controller is silent. I tried 2 different sensors. I'm thinking it's a bad controller.
I'm not sure what the issue is here but the fact that there is no noise without the sensor connected is not surprising. The noisy component in any wideband controller is the heater circuit and without the sensor there is no heater current so no noise.

I would say you don't have an issue with your controller but your whole setup seems to have noise issues. Try grounding everything directly at the battery.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

My next step will be grounding the WB and ECU directly at the battery.

Previously I had the ECU grounded at the block, and the WB controller grounded to the frame. I was in the process of following the instructions from the Innovate LC-2 Manual Wiring Section. Found this upon further inspection:
Note: The LC-2’s ground should share the same grounding source as the device to which you are feeding the analog outputs, the easiest wait to accomplish this is to run an aux ground wire from the ground point of the LC-2 to the ground or signal ground of the device you are interfacing with.
Right now the WB and ECU are both grounded to an 8 AWG wire that goes directly to the block.

After making this grounding scheme, I'm still getting resets like crazy. I'll report back after grounding both ECU and WB to the battery.
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jsdevel »

Grounding my ECU & O2 sensor directly at the battery hasn't helped my reset issue. I believe I can rule out grounding for the issues I've been having.

Here's a new thread based on my new theory: Invalid Closed Loop Idle Settings