Anyone experienced this weird wideband failure?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Spiffy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Anyone experienced this weird wideband failure?

Post by Spiffy »

So two weeks ago my plx wideband started to read just lean on the display. I did the tests and readouts provided by plx support and we kind of figured the sensor was bad.
THEN a week ago after just having ordered a new sensor I started the car to go to work and all of a sudden it was reading afr again. It will do this as long as the engine is cold. After about ten minutes it will go lean.
So far this happens every single time i drive the car.
Waiting on a new sensor though but this weird behavior got me wondering if it really is the sensor....

Sent fra min HUAWEI VNS-L31 via Tapatalk
jsdevel
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Anyone experienced this weird wideband failure?

Post by jsdevel »

Are you certain your VE tables, WUE and ASE curves are correct? I've had too rich settings that caused my lc-2 to give an error code. Also, have you checked power to the controller during operation?
Spiffy
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Spiffy »

yeah everything is fine it just stopped after I had to disconnect it because I was changing the speedometer wire.
Today it didn't stop working when I drove home from work so I wonder if there is some connectivity issue somewhere. I'll need to probe around and see...
NigeT
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by NigeT »

Spiffy wrote:yeah everything is fine it just stopped after I had to disconnect it because I was changing the speedometer wire.
Today it didn't stop working when I drove home from work so I wonder if there is some connectivity issue somewhere. I'll need to probe around and see...
I replaced my PLX with an AEM because it started giving weird readings after the car had been running a while. Usually when cruising at 70 on the motorway. Mine started rapidly cycling lean to rich and back.

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk