Hello , new here , need help purchasing

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Shogun
MS/Extra Newbie

Hello , new here , need help purchasing

Post by Shogun »

So i am currently unsatisfied with my current setup of Quarterhorse (and previously Tweecer). Im looking to buy a ms3 standalone system on my turbo taurus sho (the yamaha one) setup. And the factory harness will meet my garbage bin. Now here are my questions. Hesitating on EVO vs Ultimate. So i want to know if both units support the list below. Note that this is a road/show car , im not chasing hp like my life depends on it. I will also delete the dis (only seen in sho and tbirds sc, this is not the edis) and the coilpack for installing cops. Im playing in the 400-450hp range. All this awesomeness is intalled in a festiva , hence the shogun.

1-connect wifi tablet to serve as a cluster

2-does this work with binary editor , or support BE files.

3-in real life what does the evo doesnt do that the ultimate does? (Im having trouble finding it)

4-besides the pcm and harness , what do i need in terms of sensors for good measure

5- does it harvest cam sensor too , or its just the crank?

6-what cops are good units without the use of any external box , nothing overkill , cheap and good.

Thanks

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Hello , new here , need help purchasing

Post by Matt Cramer »

Shogun wrote:So i am currently unsatisfied with my current setup of Quarterhorse (and previously Tweecer). Im looking to buy a ms3 standalone system on my turbo taurus sho (the yamaha one) setup. And the factory harness will meet my garbage bin. Now here are my questions. Hesitating on EVO vs Ultimate. So i want to know if both units support the list below. Note that this is a road/show car , im not chasing hp like my life depends on it. I will also delete the dis (only seen in sho and tbirds sc, this is not the edis) and the coilpack for installing cops. Im playing in the 400-450hp range. All this awesomeness is intalled in a festiva , hence the shogun.

1-connect wifi tablet to serve as a cluster
There's quite a few options there.
2-does this work with binary editor , or support BE files.
No - the ECU internal calculations are too different to allow using a tune off a Ford ECU directly.
3-in real life what does the evo doesnt do that the ultimate does? (Im having trouble finding it)
Peak and hold injectors, and some extra I/O channels.
4-besides the pcm and harness , what do i need in terms of sensors for good measure
Stock Ford will be fine, except that you'll want a wideband O2 sensor setup to tune with.
5- does it harvest cam sensor too , or its just the crank?
On your engine it will need both.
6-what cops are good units without the use of any external box , nothing overkill , cheap and good.
How much boost are you running? LS1 type coils are pretty good if you don't go crazy with boost.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X