Micro squirt for newer gsxr on methanol recommendations?

A general forum and a place for initial or prospective users. See Manuals/Documentation
Click here to enter
Contact a Forum Administrator
If unsure where to post, post in this sub-forum.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Badcoupe
MS/Extra Newbie

Micro squirt for newer gsxr on methanol recommendations?

Post by Badcoupe »

I have a 13 gsxr 600 for my circle track car. Interested in going megasquirt instead of the conversion setups for the stock pcm on alcohol. I hate not being able to do my own tuning on the oem pcm, relying on conversion companies tune. Will the microsquirt data log on an sd card like the ms3? Our cars are direct drive with no starter so being easily able to start a log for later viewing is a must with out a laptop on boarD. I’m familiar with tuning on hp tuners and perfect power, so this should be a ok transition. Thanks!
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Micro squirt for newer gsxr on methanol recommendations?

Post by Paul_VR6 »

Unfortunately, there is no on board logging with any of the ms2/microsquirt ecu without an external device (laptop/tablet). You will need a ms3 solution.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
Badcoupe
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Badcoupe »

Thanks for the info. I figure I can buy/build what I need cheaper than the cost of a power commander and auto tune unit on top of the basic methanol conversion package where they tune the stock pcm. I’m going to build a manifold with approx of runner length total to help with low end torque we need to get up off the corner.
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

You could also log data via a smartphone with a MS2/microsquirt, either via bluetooth or Usb2Go. However, you can expect around 15Hz sampling.
Going 100Hz and more is no big deal on the MS3, one of the main reasons I upgraded. You can also just have the log start automatically whenever you switch the MS on if you configure it that way. Really convenient.
My project: Link